As you all know, I love baby back ribs. In fact, we’re having them tonight. In the summer they are even more delightful, because they can be finished off with a nice charcoal grilling. So, I decided to reprint this recipe and clips so anyone who missed this before can have the recipe to use. It really is, the best recipe ever.>
The night before (or at least 4 hours before you cook):>
1. Thoroughly wash, rinse, and pat dry the ribs
2. Remove the membrane off the back of the ribs, if still on.
This is an important step as it allows the flavors to penetrate the ribs. Take a small knife, pierce it on the back (bone) side of the ribs and slowly lift up to pop a hole in the membrane and remove the entire membrane.>
3. Rub the ribs thoroughly with the Dry Rub.
(I use my hands and thoroughly rub in the rub with my hands until completely coated)>
4. Seal the ribs for marinating.
Following is the way that I prepare the ribs (if you feel uncomfortable using the plastic wrap, completely seal using heavy-duty aluminum foil).
- Wrap in the ribs in a high-quality plastic wrap (this may take two coats). This method produces the best ribs that will fall off the bones.
- Wrap again using heavy-duty aluminum foil, completely sealing in the ribs>
5. Place the ribs in the refrigerator and allow to marinate overnight (at least 4 hours minimum)>
6. Preheat oven to 300 degrees>
7. Remove the ribs from the refrigerator and place on a cookie sheet (preferably on top a wire rack) and place in the oven>
8. Cook for 2 ½ hours (depending on the size of your ribs. This recipe is based on a full rack of ribs. The ribs should be very tender and ready to fall of the bones).>
9. Remove and leave rest 15 minutes. Unwrap the ribs (watch the steam!) and allow to rest 15 minutes to absorb the flavors and cool>
10. Prepare your grill for cooking>
11. Place the ribs on the grill over high heat, let cook for 5 minutes, then turn the ribs over and cook for 5 minutes more.>
12. Thoroughly brush the ribs with the Traditional Barbecue Sauce and flip the ribs. Coat the other side with sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Repeat this process twice.>
13. Coat the top side one more time with sauce, remove, and Enjoy!>>
I did a video a couple of years ago on how I do them. So I will stick it in here so you can see.>