Last night I decided to redeem myself after Sunday’s french fry and onion ring disaster. I had a wonderful pork roast and wanted to try something new. Hubby loved it, and so did I! Here is what I did.
- 3 lbs pork loin roast,
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary & thyme
- 1 cup water, divided
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pork roast in a shallow metal pan.
- Combine honey and Dijon mustard. (I also added the spices to this and poured it all over the pork)
- Coat top and sides of roast with this mixture.
- Sprinkle garlic powder and rosemary over entire coated surface.
- Roast meat for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from oven and add 1/3 cup water to the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and roast meat for 35 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer reaches 175 degrees.
- Check roast occasionally and add a little more water to pan to keep honey drippings from scorching.
- When meat is done, remove from oven and place on carving board.
- Scrape pan and enjoy the juices, by pouring over meat slices.
- I served this with tiny pearl onions, baked potatoes and asparagus.