1. The Summer Olympics begin next week and London is playing host. If you had the chance to go in person which (non-Olympic) London site would you most like to visit?
That is tough because Hubby and I have spent time in London. I think the Victoria and Albert Museum, or perhaps the National Gallery. I love art and I love to gaze upon beautiful things.
2. What is something in your life right now that feels like an Olympic event?
Do we have to talk about the cleaning of my office again? Right now I have determined to buy a paper shredder, and then let lose in my office. I am too paper heavy in there and need to shred my way through.
3. What’s your favorite supper to prepare and serve when it’s too hot to cook?
Hamburgers, hotdogs, and potato salad with corn on the cob. If lobster is cheap, then lobster, corn on the cob and potato salad!
4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day…when was the last time you were ‘in the doghouse’?
I actually hate to be “in the doghouse” so I work really hard at being good. Every once in a while I open mouth and insert foot and…well you know, I get in trouble, but not recently.
5. What television advertisement do you find particularly irritating or inappropriate? You may not answer with ‘all of them’. I know some of you were thinking about it.
Right now we are in a battle ground state, politically. So each day we are bombarded with the most horrible political commercials. So I would have to say both parties are making me nuts!
6. Share one piece of interesting news from the year you were born.
1958 was truly an interesting year!
January 8 - 14-year-old Bobby Fischer wins the United States Chess Championship.
July 7-President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs the Alaska Statehood Act into United States law.
December 25 - Tchaikovsky’s ballet The Nutcracker (the George Balanchine version) is shown on prime-time television in color for the first time, as an episode of the CBS anthology series Playhouse 90.
7. What’s the best part of your average day?
When Hubby and I sit down and have a drink and talk about 4-5 o’clock each day. It’s so nice to touch base with each other like that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just found out that on Friday I need to go in and have a root canal. I’ve had that toothache since last week and today I saw my dentist and he started me on antibiotics and I’ll see him on Friday.