1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. Your thoughts?
I think the government should butt out of what people eat or drink! We have freedom. Or at least we used to. Remember, “Life, Liberty, & the Pursuit of Happiness”. Yes, butt out! It has to stop now or soon they will regulate what the grocery stores sell.
2. Art festival, music festival, food festival…which would you most like to attend?
I’d love all three, but the one I attend up here is an arts festival. They close off Main Street and Juried Craftspeople show off their work.
3. What are you irrational about?
I’m a worrier. I worry about everything. Rational or not. Worry, worry, worry!
4. Do you feel confident you’ll have a comfortable retirement?
I’m retired now, and it is a challenge. Living on a fixed income makes one really think about what one buys and how the family money is spent and when!
5. What’s been your favorite Olympic moment so far?
(Not ever, just in the 2012 Summer games)
The USA Team winning the Gold Medal in Gymnastics. I think the reason this is so important is that it was not one girl, it was a Team event and I loved seeing how these girls treated each other that night.
6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?
Joyce, you are shaming me into getting into my Office and cleaning! Yep, that is still the room that is the messiest!
7. Do you follow your heart or your head?
I’d like to think I use both in my decisions, but my heart often leads me in a direction and then my head will correct if needed.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My sister’s childhood friend died in July. (We just learned about it today.) This fairly young woman, was a chubby child and teen, and her weight just kept going up and up. She died rather quickly, and it was due to her obesity. It made me think, once again, how important Weight Watchers is in my life. I weigh in on Wednesday morning, and I hope, this week I have had a good weight loss. I will never give up on my battle of the bulge. I want to live a long and healthy life.