1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
I’m going to get all my office and paperwork organized by April 15th. I’ll also extend it to the deadline of December 31st. But I’ll definitely get this done, this year!
2. What’s the worst uniform you’ve ever had to wear for a job?
I’ve been lucky, the worst uniform was jean and a t-shirt when babysitting. I’ve been lucky and blessed that I didn’t have to wear one of those horrible cocktail waitress uniforms I have seen some women wear. (No offense, anyone)
3. What was your last kitchen ‘mishap’? This question comes to you courtesy of Betty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife…everyone go say hi to Betty!
My birthday cake. Being on Weight Watchers doesn’t lend me a lot of baking time in my days. It had been a long time since I’d baked a cake and all I wanted was a chocolate cake with butter cream frosting. Well it was just terrible. The cake didn’t rise well, was dry and tasted like crap!.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people’s negativity?
Oh that is so hard for me. I tend to buy into whatever negative thing people say. I think that’s why Weight Watchers Class has been so good. It’s a lot like Group Therapy.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I most resemble my sister, Melodie.
Picture taken about 30 years ago.
Yet, people tell me that Mandy looks just like me, and I don’t think she looks anything like Melodie. I can see a lot of myself in Mandy, but I can also see her Dad.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day…will you be celebrating?
Probably not. It is cold and a bit chilly tonight, and I think I will wrap myself up with a dackel and watch NCIS.
7. Some of the ‘world’s best winter festivals’ are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnivale (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
Probably the Quebec Winter Festival. Old Quebec City is so beautiful and in the winter, with a fresh coating of snow it would be so pretty. Also picture skaters in the frozen ponds and horse drawn carriages and steaming mugs of hot toddies!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hubby drove me to my Retinal Surgeons appointment today. What a guy!He was rewarded when we found his favorite cheese, Tilsiter Cheese, at the Co-op over by the hospital. But I was shocked to see their prices! There is no way Hubby and I could afford to shop over there. Everything was nearly twice as expensive or more. And that included things like Tide detergent and Clorox Bleach. It made no sense to me. Anyway, we’re enjoying our cheese!