1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen’s English…here’s the list for 2013-”fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru”
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why.
Yolo. Because it is just plain stupid!
2. When was the last time you rode a train? Where did you go?
The last time I went to Germany which was in 2009. I was with Uschi and Volker and we took the train into the city to go out to eat.
3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite ‘flavor’? Favorite topping?
I love bagels. Plain with cream cheese and Lox! Yum!
4. ‘Tis the season of awards shows…if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose?
Tough one. Perhaps ‘Gone With The Wind?’ or ‘Casablanca’ or ‘The Sound of Music’.
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months….what say you? Do you think kids perform better if separated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you’re a parent, is this something you’d support in regard to your own children?
I think that separating kids by gender would probably be a good thing. Then the usual boy/girl flirting wouldn’t be so tempting in High School. I don’t know. I was not separated and I found it difficult to study with handsome guys all around!
6. What’s your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?
Fresh sheets and towels, a comfortable bed and a sense of being spoiled and waited on.
7. Do you have a ‘word’ for 2013? What’s the story behind your choice?
‘Crazy Grandma’. And I am sure that you all can figure that one out.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My poor little Savannah has her very first cold. We’re all feeling so sad for her, as she has been remarkably healthy. Wish I was closer and could go and just cuddle her.