1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49’s in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
The birth of Savannah. I sat there waiting and then Matt’s parent’s arrived and we all went in and there was my daughter, and her daughter! WOW!
That was really something!
2. Share something you’re a fan of these days?
Hubby is being driven insane, as I have discovered HGTV! I love that station. I love the renovation shows, the house hunting shows and all that go along with it. Hubby grumbles and ignores the TV.
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I’m talking the edible appetizer kind. What’s your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
Love ‘em! We get a package of fresh cut party wings (not frozen), and brush them with Emeril’s Wing Sauce, and bake them. OH Man! Soooooo good!!!!
4. As long as we’re talking sports today…have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
I know about it, but did not see the interview. I’m so disappointed in him, as I was with the ball players who juiced themselves. To have it all, and then throw it all away!
5. What’s a question you hate to be asked?
How many children do you have? You see, I do not like to lie and say one, but in fact Mandy is all I have now. I did have Katie too, but she is gone. So what do you say about this? One or two? I usually slide past this and talk about Amanda and Savannah and if pressed mention Katie. Then I feel guilty for not just saying two daughters. It is so tough. But then speaking about Katie, and the pain of her loss, is very personal.
6. The coaches in this Sunday’s big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er’s and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you’re an only child how did you handle competition growing up?
I had an older brother and I have an older sister. There said. My brother died from Cancer at the age of 26. My brother had Cerebral Palsy and at times he resented me (7 years younger), because I could run and move in ways he could not. I was also the baby of the family. My sister was closer to his age, and she was his protector. They were very close. My sister and I have always been close. I am her baby She always took care of me.
7. What’s your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
I am not sporty in any way. I do love to watch tennis and will be glued to the TV during all the majors. In fact I love tennis so much that I upgraded my satelite coverage last year so I could watch the US Open. Tennis.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hubby is outside blowing the snow that fell yesterday. We’re due for ice tonight from 10-8 am. I do not drive on ice. Tomorrow is Weight Watchers day, but if it is icy, then I will stay at home.