1. This week marks the beginning of Lent…will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
I’m going to give up bread at lunch for Lent. I will have it at breakfast only. And at dinner only natural carbs like potatoes.
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday… tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as ‘pancake day’. How do you like your pancakes? Or don’t you?
Love pancakes! Tonight I plan to make pancakes for dinner with sausages.
3. I’m sure there are many, but what’s one love song you really love?
Well, we had the song “You light up my Life” sung at our wedding,
I also love The Carpenter’s song “Only Yesterday”. There is such a longing in it!
but it isn’t my favorite. I think my favorite love song is “Something” by the Beatles.
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
I think it is a lot of little things. A kiss, a soft touch, a hot meal, or perhaps a cup of tea with some treats. Being able to listen, and to really hear.
5. Roses…red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Yellow!!! Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Usually it’s on Mother’s Day or Valentine’s day. As much as I love them, it is not really important. Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies? The roses. But you know, my favorite flowers are gardenias!
6. President’s Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Some. Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours…Monticello (Jefferson’s home), Mount Vernon (Washington’s home), Montpelier (James Madison’s home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt’s home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
I’ve been to all but Hyde Park and Montpelier. I enjoy stepping back in time at the older historical sights.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Yes. If one of my family asks, I shut up. I know they are counting on me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I needed to get the dogs their yearly licenses. I usually have a file with their rabies certificates in them, all neatly filed in my dog bag, but it wasn’t there. I had to retrace all my steps, back a year to remember what I had done with it. It took me a bit (half the day) but I finally remembered and Hubby and I were able to license the dogs. Yay! Now the file has been placed back in my dog information bag until next year!