1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week…what’s one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
Yesterday I took half an hour and wiped the counter tops in the kitchen, spread a pretty table cloth on the kitchen table, and cleared a spot for the dog cookies on the shelf!
2. It’s also National Peach Month…peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini? What’s your peach pleasure?
Heavenly Peach Jam! I will once again be making it. It is a lovely jam with maraschino cherries and thick chunks of peaches. (Recipe follows tomorrow)
3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, “Do one thing every day that scares you.” Agree or disagree…explain.
Disagree. I have had a very scary life, mostly because of things beyond my control. No, for me it is to live life each day and find peace in it!
4. What’s your favorite household chore? Yes-you have to name one.
I love to cook…most of the time! By cook I do not mean bake, I mean prepare a nice dinner for Hubby, me, family!
5. Fodors recently listed (what they’ve dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:
Four Seasons in Miami FL, Gay Head in Martha’s Vineyard MA, Mallory Square in Key West Florida.
Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots?
Yes, I have seen sunset from the three spots above. Of those, Key West was spectacular.
If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose?
Where was the prettiest sunset you’ve ever seen?
In my own front yard.
6. What’s your favorite or most used app? If you don’t use apps how about your favorite or most visited website?
Why Dackel Princess, of course!!! I also use Facebook a lot.
7. We’ve recently passed the halfway mark for 2013…write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
Many surgeries, nice to be cancer free!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m going down with my cousin, Janet to see my Mom this weekend. I have the slides all scanned in and cleaned up. I am so happy I can show her these. She is fading fast, and I know that she is not long for this world.
Here is Mom and me with Daisy. In the basket is Daisy litter of kittens. I guess I was destined to be an animal lover!