1. What’s your worst food memory? How about one of your best?
Worst? Well the very first time I went to Germany, Hubby was working still as a pilot and he went off in the morning early, thus leaving me to my own devices. I walked out on the street and I see a vendor with the delicious looking rolls with coffee also available. So I got a roll that was filled with what thought was deviled ham and sat down with it and a cup of coffee.
No sooner than I had finished this strange item, than my stomach began to hurt and I felt dizzy and sick. A woman saw my distress and brought me to a restroom and after I was horribly ill took me to an Apotheke (Pharmacy) where the Pharmacist gave me several things like Pepto Bismol to take.
When Hubby returned that night he found me moaning and groaning with the worst case of food poisoning I have ever had, By the way, it was not deviled ham, but steak tar tar (raw meat) and remember this…never buy it from a street vendor!
My best food memory was the day that Savannah was born. Now this will sound really silly. I stepped out of the hospital and went to get a meal at “Five Guys Burger and Fries” and while I say eating this fantastic meal I thought of all the picnics and cookout we had when I was a kid. The burgers were just like Dad made and I missed him, my Uncle George and all those fun times. It was like a past food memory flashback!
2. Do you appreciate people telling it like it is, or would you rather a speaker temper his/her words and maybe beat around the bush a little? How about when you’re the one communicating…which type are you?
I do like direct speaking, but that doesn’t mean the speaker has to be cruel. Telling it plainly, but with kindness. I would like to think I am a direct kind speaker, but I know that often it is hard for me to be thus.
3. What’s your favorite place to hang out?
My loveseat chair with my dackels! Like I am right now.
4. When do you most feel like you’re a slave to time?
Canning season. There is just not enough hours in the day to get it all done. Like today I need to get three batches of Jam put together to sit overnight and tomorrow the cooking and canning begins!
5. What was the last concert you attended? Who’d you go with? Was it any good?
May 10th we went to see The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. I just love them!
6. Reality TV…harmful or harmless? What’s your guilty pleasure when it comes to reality TV?
Okay, I think ‘Reality’ TV is pretty harmful. I mean, please, who really wants to keep up with a bunch of spoiled brats like the Kardashians? My guilty pleasure? ‘The Long Island Medium’.
7. What’s something you think is overrated?
The whole movie theater experience. I would much rather watch movies at home, with closed captioning so I don’t miss one word. I also like my own popcorn, drinks and comfy chair with no added cost!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My forehead/nose are killing me. I’m swollen and bruised this time and not sleeping well at all. Wah, wah, wah! I am so hoping that this will be the last surgery!