1. What’s the best thing about growing older?
My appreciation for life, understanding more of life, and becoming a grandmother!
2. When did you first feel like a grown up?
When I experienced my first tragedy in life. It made no sense, and I had to realize the unfairness in life and that this one thing would affect me for the rest of my life.
3. Chocolate cake with white icing or white cake with chocolate icing?
My favorite cake is chocolate cake with white frosting. It has been my request for birthdays and when I married Hubby.
4. What’s the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
Many years ago, when my car was hit by a box van truck, a man who was working on a construction site with a crane witnessed this. He immediately turned his crane toward the accident and it was this selfless act that got Katie and me out of the crushed car. He lifted the truck off the little car, so the jaws of life could be used. I do not know his name, and I never got to thank him.
5. What’s something you learned from your grandparents?
Respect. They were both loving people, but they were strict and you had to be respectful of them and the people around them.
6. Wednesday marks a sad day in the history of planet earth-9/11…what’s something you do (or can do) to bring peace to your little corner of the world?
I used to breed puppies. There was nothing better than watching a pup go to a new owner.
7. Share a favorite quote, scripture, or song containing the word peace.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ll be off babysitting my sweet Savannah Rose on Friday! Mandy is working, and she needed someone to fill in. Needless to say, She didn’t have to ask me twice! I was just telling Hubby, that I am a very lucky woman to have a daughter like Mandy and a wonderful granddaughter like Savannah!