1. The USA will mark Columbus Day this year on Monday, October 14th. What’s something you need or want to explore (literally or metaphorically speaking)?
I need to explore learning to relax. Perhaps meditate. I get quite nervous and wound up and need to learn to let it go!
2. The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz, Ursula from The Little Mermaid, or Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty…who do you most love to hate?
The Wicked Witch of the West. I do a mean imitation of her!
3. Is open-mindedness a virtue?
Yes. I think so many people are very closed minded. Look at the mess in Washington. No one is willing to actually sit down and talk. Both Republicans and Democrats. Shameful! I think they should all be voted out!
4. How often do you weigh yourself?
Too often. I’m afraid this year I have gained weight. I have all sorts of excuses, but the fact is, I keep weighing in, hoping I have lost some weight. I’m afraid I need to really get off my chair, really watch my diet and then things will come together.
5. This question comes to you courtesy of Rebecca over at Making Memories, so thanks Rebecca!
Costa Rica was recently named the happiest country in the world on the Happy Planet Index. What’s the happiest country in the world to you, and what makes it so?
That is so weird, I have always heard that Denmark was. I do not know really. I love Bermuda and the people seem so nice there. Having been to Costa Rica, I cannot agree that it is the happiness place, as there i so much suffering, poverty and illness.
6. Besides The Bible, what is one book you think should be mandatory reading for high school students? Why?
War and Peace. It is by the Russian author Leo Tolstoy, and first published in 1869. The work is epic in scale and is regarded as one of the most important works of world literature.
7. I went shopping at some nearby outlets last week, and while I was there, I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts. How about you? Have you started your holiday shopping yet?
Yes I have. Just a few little things.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m actually “good” tired tonight. I had my own Plastic Surgeon’s appointment on Monday, which required me getting up very early. Then today Hubby had a test that required me to go with him and drive home after. Another early morning get up. Here I sit at 6:30 in the evening and I feel like I could fall asleep! But it’s good, because I accomplished something and was productive!