1. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they’d like to see banished from the Queen’s English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words were chosen). Here are the words/phrases they’d like to see banished in 2014-
selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, ____on steroids, the suffixes-ageddon, and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words-intellectually/morally bankrupt and Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words-adversity and fan base
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you’d like to add?
I say Twerk/Twerking. and may I also add that I really detest Miley Cyrus! I just do not like that sort of vulgar behavior!
2. What one unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?
My office. I know, I know. I have been talking about that for years. Maybe this year I can get it done.
3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What’s your favorite soup?
French Onion Soup that I made on New Years Eve. I make it myself with Gruyere cheese! Then I bake it. Both Hubby and I love it. In fact, I think he married me for that one dish!
4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job…which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking.
Iced in, not snowed in, although we certainly have had our share of snow. Thankfully, we are in Boston and on our way to sunshine!
5. What’s the funniest movie you’ve ever seen, or at least one of the funniest?
A Christmas Story. We just love that mov ie!!!
6. In general, would you say you’re clumsy?
Ah yeah. It’s freaky, but true.
7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935. Are you an Elvis fan? What’s your favorite Elvis tune? If that’s too hard, which Elvis tune do you dislike the least? Click here for a list of his songs.
Not really. I tend to get irritated by people who believe that they are better or greater than anyone. Unfortunately, Hollywood has not learned a lesson from Elvis. and then end up ending their own lives.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Here we are in Boston. We fly out (hopefully) for Fort Lauderdale in the morning. I took the pups out before I left home only 8 degrees (F) and I’m sitting here in the hotel with a red slightly wind/cold burned face. Happy we are here, missing the pups, and looking forward to warmer weather and 9 days of reading my books! Love you Kindle!!!