1. April 22nd is Earth Day. Are you inspired by nature? In what way?
I am. After a long, cold, and snowy winter, to see the grass greening, and the trees budding, it’s really a renewal. Mother Nature’s way of reminding us all of the goodness of nature.
2. Down to earth, four corners of the earth, move heaven and earth, not have an earthly chance, or salt of the earth…which earthly idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
Well, I would move Heaven and Earth for Savannah and a chance to spend time with her. But I think salt of the earth is what I have heard most in my life. I grew up on Cape Cod and this was an often used saying.
3. Share one piece of advice you might give a newly engaged couple.
Remember. Marry your best friend. The first flush of passion, will become mellow with age. Unless you are truly the best of friends, the married won’t last too long. So work now to develop a true friendship with your fiancee.
4. When did you last engage someone to perform a job, task, service, home repair, or improvement? On a scale of 1-10 (ten being the best) how would you rate their work and/or your satisfaction with the job or service provided?
We had to repair our oil burner. A small repair actually, but the serviceman didn’t know about our furnace and it took him three visits to get it right. Fortunately I complained about the bill and they lowered it. Was I satisfied? Eventually.
5. When did you last find yourself engaged in small talk? Are you awkward or an expert or somewhere in between?
I go out every few weeks with my girlfriend for lunch. That is sort of the extent of my small talk. Although, Savannah sent me a movie message on my phone and it was so adorable, I sent her one back!
6. What was the last historic place you visited?
Honestly, it’s been so long, I can’t remember.
7. The world would be a better place if we just could love one another and be tolerant of each other’s ways and beliefs.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well, I’m having a tough time with Weight Watchers. I try so hard and then don’t do too well. Last week was okay, but then this week I’ve really struggled. I hope this summer I can get out and perhaps do some walking. One thing is for sure, I need to get a handle on my eating and exercising.