1. Are you settling for something?
Yes. But in a good way. My face is not “Hollywood” perfect after all the surgeries. However, I have now decided that perfection is over rated and I will accept and enjoy my beautiful, patch work quilt face!
2. It wasn’t that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on ‘Black Friday’. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
No, I will not be shopping on Thanksgiving. I believe that simple old traditions are best left alone. People deserve one day, to sit with their family, give thanks and not be forced to work.
3. Speaking of shopping… I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-
New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul.
Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?
I’ve shopped in New York, not impressed. I’ve shopped in London and dream about going back. I love Vienna, but I would dearly love to go to Hong Kong and go wild!
4. When did you last dine by candlelight?
Dear me, I cannot remember! I will be setting up the table on Thanksgiving with candles and making it special.
5. What do you have too much of?
Everything! I need to go through and start weeding out things. Sell some old sets of china, and give away blankets and coats to the homeless.
6. The Hunger Games…are you a fan? Did you read the book(s)? Will you/have you seen the movie? Will you/have you seen Catching Fire? No spoilers please!
Not a fan. My whole family is but I did not get into the Hunger Games nor did I get into the Twilight Saga.
7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what…especially the what! As in what’s for dinner? If you’re one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn’t celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn’t ya know!), then still tell us your plans for Thursday.
Who: Me and Hubby. Where: Home. What: Spinach and artichoke dip, crab dip and champagne for appetizers while I’m cooking. Dinner: turkey, stuffing, gravy, yukon gold mashed potatoes, garden green beans, garden butternut squash, mashed with butter and brown sugar and cinnamon, boiled sweet pearl onions. Dessert: Apple Pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As I write there are delicate snow flakes falling on my lawn. So very pretty. I wish it would just do this for the next two days, but the weatherman has said that starting tonight we will have torrential downpours, washing away all this loveliness.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!