And here we are again. Another week has come and gone and Friday is upon us. It’s mid-May, and in two weeks my little love, Savannah will turn four years old! Here are 5 recollections of the last four years.
- The day Savannah arrived I held her, tears in my eyes and felt the deepest surge of love imaginable.
She was the most beautiful baby girl and my heart swelled with love.
- As she grew I started to see her very distinctive personality. She was bright, alert, and imaginative. She also knew from an early age what she liked.
In fact we took her shopping for a bouncy seat and she tried several before settling down in one and picking it out as her own.
- By her first birthday she was walking, and starting to talk. As she grew older her talking increased.
Happy from Dackel Princess Maribeth on Vimeo.
She began to express her wants and desires, but in words.
- She has always been so cuddly and loving.
And to this day, she will see me, run into my arms crying “Oma” in her happy little voice!
- I love sitting and talking with her now.
She will tell me all her little stories, her feelings, and I am enthralled.
What a true blessing it is to be an Oma to this amazing little girl!!!
Another busy week went by. Appointments, laundry, housework, cooking and my first weigh in at Weight Watchers since starting their new plan. Here are all the details!
- Tuesday found me off to the eye doctor’s office to be checked for changes in my prescription. There was a significant change. So…..New glasses were in order. My frames were not comfortable, or big enough to give me a good visual field. So I was willing to spend a little on some frames this year, as it was not my year to get new frames with my insurance.
- I found the cutest light pink, wire frames. While I was being fitted for those, the sales clerk mentioned that they were having a special buy one get one 20% off. So I found the funkiest frames for sunglasses and ordered those too. They’ll be in around May 3rd.
- After finishing up with the glasses, I was forced to drive home in a wild Spring Snow Storm! Yikes! The roads were bad and I was nervous, but I made it just fine!
- I made more of Hubby’s favorite Lentil soup. I made a double batch this time, and froze a large container.
- I weighed in on Wednesday at our meeting. I was so nervous and I just knew I would cry if I didn’t do well. I worked so hard this past week. I weighed, measured, and counted every point I put into my mouth. I also tried to make good choices. I got to class, and stripped down to my shorts and tank top, and stepped onto the scale. I was down 4.6 pounds! Needless to say, I have been walking on clouds ever since.
Here are first, my new glasses (Blurry, I know.).
And these are the frames for my sunglasses.
Another week has flown by, and this morning I am off to spend time with my favorite little man, Quinn! But this week I have the added bonus of getting to spend some time with Savannah too! I am so glad. I’ve missed seeing her.
My two darlings!
So as this week ends, here are some of my thoughts about current events and happenings.
- I found the most wonderful book for Savannah. It is such an awesome book, and I will tell you all about it, after I read it to her tomorrow. It is just a truly feel good book!
- I was shocked to learn that the singer Prince passed away on Thursday. Prince is the same age as me, and his music was part of my growing up. My favorite was “Raspberry Beret”. You could dance and dance to that. He will be missed.
- Also this week we lost Doris Roberts, who played Raymond’s mother on the TV show, “Everybody Loves Raymond”. She was so talented and could do nearly anything. It was nice to know that she simply went to sleep and passed from this world to the next.
- Hubby has asked me to cook a few dishes that he likes this week. Actually I enjoyed the cooking. ANd he enjoyed the eating.
- I went back to Weight Watchers this week and I am making every attempt to lose this weight. I am now journaling and planning what I am eating. I simply have to do this.
So that was my week. How was yours? Hopefully it was good, and the weekend ahead will also be great!
The week is rushing by. Here we are and it is Friday! Now here is something particularly hilarious. On Monday I was half way through the day when I thought, “Oh, I am so happy it’s Friday!”. Then I realized it was, in fact, Monday! Groan!
So here are the highlights from this past week.
- Greta had her health checked. This required me driving in ice and snow out to my Vet’s office. I just took my time and we made it out and back, just fine.
- Hubby and I did the taxes and mailed them off. I am always glad when we get that done. My least favorite time of year!
- Thursday found me digging out the laundry and working on catching up with all of that. I admit to being a bit remiss at throwing in a load here or there, so it was important to get at least three loads done.
- I made Lentil Soup today. It was the first time. I made a vegetarian Lentil Soup and it was actually not too bad. I have had Lentil Soup from cans and also in restaurants, but they always tended to have sausage and were really thick. So, I thought I did not like it. This was good.
- This weekend I plan to take a few walks with Greta. My plan is to walk her into shape a little, while at the same time, walk myself into better condition.
Have a great weekend everyone!
It’s Friday again. Here is my Friday Five.
- I am off to Mandy’s house to see her and Quinn.
When Savannah was born I drove down frequently to bond with her, and I am trying to do the same with Quinn. Those early months are so important.
- Tomorrow is our 28th wedding anniversary. Be sure to check back to see a short montage of our 28 years together.
- I am worried about Greta. She is having a few health issues, that I am worried about. I called my Vet yesterday, and she will go in on Monday for a full blood and urine panel.
- Did you ever find something at Job Lots and not been able to find it again? Well, we found a wonderful New England Clam Chowder and unfortunately when we went back to get more they were all out. We spoke to the manager, and he told us that if we still had a can, to bring it in and he would scan it and see if there were any more in our area. We did, and he found 5 of them for us, and they will be in on Saturday! In case you are wondering the brand, it is Bookbinders New England Clam Chowder.
- We have been out to eat the last two days, and on Saturday we will be out again. Nice, I know, but here is the problem. When I eat a large meal at lunch, I don’t want to eat at dinner. Hubby, on the other hand, always wants to eat proper meals.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
The week raced by me, as I was pretty busy and not paying attention to much. Actually I was paying attention to a few things, but somehow sitting down and writing about them just didn’t happen. So here are 5 things from my week.
- The most important thing was that I got to drive down, visit with my daughter and grandson, and hold sweet Quinn in my arms. He is three weeks old now, but still curls into the fetal position, and snuggles warmly against your heart. He has the fairest of blondish/reddish hair and very light eyes. So very handsome. I held this little guy close to me and my heart grew three sizes at least! Being an Oma to two beautiful and healthy children is a dream come true for me.
- My daughter is looking wonderful. Quinn’s birth was tough on her, but she finally has color back in her cheeks and is feeling better. I will tell you that I admire my daughter so much. Amanda is an amazing woman!
- I need a root canal. I am not happy about it, (who is) but I trust my Endodontist so much, that I am not worried about it too much. Trust me, I am looking forward to the end of pain.
- My little old Lady Greta is having a few little health problems and I have spent more time at the Vet’s this week than I really wanted. However, I understand that this is a problem I can take care of with daily medication. Greta is my girl and I will do anything to make her life happier and healthier.
- Today is skin cancer screening day. I will go over, strip naked, and have my entire body checked. My Dermatologist is a lovely lady, and I have every confidence in her.
So, it’s been a busy week, and I am looking forward to a rather quiet and relaxed weekend. I have a few small projects to work on, but I also would like to enjoy some reading time and some movie time.
Whatever your weekend plans may be, I hope you have a really good time!
The Hubby Edition
Time is flying by. In short order, March will be over and with the start of April, Hubby and I will celebrate 28 years of marriage. It still amazes me. Not that we have been married that long, but well, it has flown by, and it seems like just the other day that we said “I Do.”
So here’s my Friday Five: The Hubby Edition.
- I’ve known Hubby a long time. We were friends for years, before our first marriages ended and even then, it took a while for us to date.
- One thing I learned from this is that friendship is so important in a long term relationship. I cannot imagine being with someone for this long, if I didn’t like them too!
- No matter if I am home, or traveling around the world, Hubby is the first person I want to speak with in the morning, and the last person I want to talk to at night.
- Hubby was there for me as a friend, when no one else was. He didn’t tell me what to do, or anything. He listened. This taught me a great lesson. There will be times in your life that being a good listener is the greatest gift you can give.
- With this man, I have finally understood what real love is. I thought I knew, but real love is a combination of so many things. And I have been lucky enough to find this deep and abiding love, with my Hubby.
The biggest news of the week is that Quinn was born on Monday. He is a good baby, and very handsome. My daughter has been pretty exhausted since giving birth, but at the same time, they are both so happy to finally meet their son. So here we go with the Friday Five, Birth List.
Savannah is on the left and Quinn on the right.
- Quinn was due to come Monday morning at 7:30 AM via C-section. But this little guy had other plans, and Mandy went into labor in the evening of the 6th.
- It was not what anyone had hoped, as the actual c-section was really tough, but Quinn was born at 5:14 AM and weighed in at 7 lbs 13 oz and is 22 inches long.
- He is a handsome boy and resembles his sister, Savannah Rose. However, where Savi had darker hair, Quinn is very blond and fair.
- My daughter continues to amaze me. Even though I know she is tired and sore, she never says a word to complain, and she has done a great job caring for this new little man, despite the fact that she is, herself, recovering.
- It looks like she and Quinn will come home today from the hospital. Once Savannah gets home from school, they will be a family of four in their own little house.
Matt’s mom and I have held down the fort. When our kids are ready, we also will head to our homes. But it has been so much fun being part of this happy time.
The Happiness Addition
Here we are, the end of another week. Yet as the weekend draws near, my excitement builds, as first thing Monday morning, my daughter and her fiancé will welcome their son. I will be down south, awaiting this birth, with Savannah and her Nana and Auntie, and when Mandy and Matt are ready, we will all drive to the hospital to meet the wee young man.
So without further ado, here are this weeks happy Friday Five!
- It’s been pretty cold this week and we have had several fires in our fireplace. Since I’ve been going out to walk Greta and Anneliese, I can stand, staring at the stars and smelling the sweet scent of burning wood. It’s part of why I love winter here.
- I also love watching Greta with the fire in the hearth. She loves it. She will lie in front and soak up all the heat. If I were in better condition, I too would lie on the floor in from of the fire!
- I have a new toy. It’s an App I downloaded on my phone and on my computer. It’s called BeFunky, and it helps you to edit photos and make collages and all sorts of fun stuff. Since I never could figure out Instagram, I found this exceptionally easy to use. And the App is free!
- Hubby and I went out today to a discount shop, where they sell European foods. Hubby was so happy to find all sorts of salads and pickles and risotto’s. Me too. Some things are so easy to use to make nice meals.
- I am feeling very happy with how my neck is healing. I took a picture today, and here I am two and a half months since the surgery, and the incision is nearly gone. See!
I decided that for the next month I am going to write about 5 things that are happening to me, or around me, that is fabulous and wonderful! So without further ado, here is this weeks five.
- We are now nice days until my daughter’s due date with her baby boy! I sleep with my cell phone, I shower with my cell phone on the shelf, and I go everywhere with my phone hooked to my belt. I’m not excited or anything! LOL
- Lili is now responding to me when I talk to her. If she is outside and I go out, I call to her and say “Are you coming?” and she comes right to me! After all this time, she is following me!
- I simply have the most adorable grandniece ever! Here is little April, and she is 5 months old and the apple of our eyes!
- I am one day away from finishing the office cleaning project! For more years than I care to admit, I have put off doing a deep clean. This year I turned on Pandora, and just did it!
- I decided that I need to get up every day and put on a little make-up. I’ve never been a big make-up wearer, but I feel better with a little bit on.
So that’s my first week of happiness, on the Friday Five. See you next week, for the next installment!