1. Expect the unexpected on From This Side of the Pond. Here’s my x-ray question…when was the last time you felt like Superman? What’s your superpower? Explain.
This morning when I stepped on the scale and realized in 4 short months I have now lost 35.2 pounds! My superpower isn’t losing the weight, but by planning, cooking, and tracking the healthful foods that are making me work toward my goal of being healthy and slender!
2. Are you a fan of the ‘superhero’ type movies? If so what’s your favorite?
Not really, but since my grandson, Quinn wants to be Spiderman,
I will say the Spiderman series.
3. Have you postponed or canceled a trip to the dentist in recent weeks, and if so when do you think you’ll feel comfortable going back? How about other routine medical procedures?
I just had my teeth cleaned in February. Whew! I do need to schedule a mammogram and my colonoscopy. Both were canceled due to the Epidemic.
4. What’s something that makes you feel youthful? Something that makes you feel ‘not so youthful’? Tell us why.
Ha! After all this time without seeing my hair-stylist, the very gray roots on my head probably are what makes me feel older. As far as youthful, well it’s all in my mind. In my mind, I think young, but in a wiser kind of way. Oh, if only I knew then what I know now.
5. I feel compelled to include some sort of corona related question in the HP these days. What’s the strangest thing you’ve seen in relation to the virus? Something that really struck you as odd, made you stop and think, ‘Dorothy we’re not in Kansas anymore?’
Several. One was shocking! A young mother had her perhaps six-month-old baby in the grocery carriage and the baby was chewing on the handle! Ewe! Disturbing. The other was seeing a big, burly, motorcyclist, get off his Harley in leather boots, jean shorts, that had been torn to the knees, a t-shirt, with a puffy camo vest, a bandana on his face and another one on his head. Oh, and I almost forgot, his 8-inch beard was sticking out every which way! I smiled and stifled a giggle behind my own mask!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I guess my biggest thoughts right now revolve around the Covid-19 Virus and how long I’ve been away from my family and friends. I miss them all so much and I hope and pray that this will all begin to abate soon so that we can get together again.