Another week is gone, and here we are April first. April Fool’s Day. This year there is very little to joke about so I’m going to pass on anything cute!
- Thursday saw me heading out with Lili to go to the Vet. Now darling Lili is not a good rider. She fussed and I could almost feel her blood pressure rising as we drove along.
- She has a fever, but thankfully no break around her ankle. The Vet is concerned that she could have Lyme Disease. Now, I vaccinate for this and always have, but new strains of the virus are out there. We will know in a few days if that is it. Meanwhile, she is on antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. She is very quiet and just wants to rest. Good thing.
- The new hooks arrived for my bird feeders. I want to be able to hang them inside the trees making it tough for the Ravens and the Crows to raid the feeders.
- I also ordered new stripping knives for Heidi. My old ones are not working well and I hope the new ones will.
- There have been so many news stories lately that truly saddens me for mankind. There is no care or concern for others anymore. Somehow being rude and abusive to all others is supposed to be accepted. The old-aged Queen of England is being bullied by her grandson and his American wife. Chris Rock was slapped by Will Smith. And let’s not forget Ukraine. We just are living in a more unfriendly world and I miss kindness a great deal.
Bruce Willis, one of my all-time favorite actors has been diagnosed with Asphagia. Now if some of those I mentioned above were handling Bruce, he would be blamed for his condition and made to suffer. Instead, Bruce’s entire family has rallied around him and they are trying to make the most of the time they have left with him. Everyone from his first wife and daughters to his second wife and their daughters. So perhaps not all kindness has vanished from this earth.
Another week has flown by. When I look back to where life was before Covid, I think we all took the ease of our lives for granted. I know I sure did. Anyways, here is this week’s Friday Five.
- I had my six month blood tests run. The results could have been better, but, at the same time, they could have been worse!
- It is discouraging that each time I shop, groceries are more and more expensive. Today was a first for me. A very small head of iceburg lettuce cost $2.49! I kid you not.
- Tomorrrow we will be calling for a heating oil delivery. Currently it is $4. 97 a gallon. So we will have another hit to our savings account.
- I need to have one of my crowns replaced. At 21 years old it is cracked. Here’s the thing. It’s a front tooth and the one next to it is also a crown. I am dreading having it done and a mismatch in color. Also that tooth is also 21 years old. It could crack any day. I don’t spend too much time dwelling on my appearance, but I love to smile and if my teeth didn’t match I would be heart sick. I am going to call my dentist tomorrow. I need to get a ballpark figure for how much it would cost to do both?
- This is a catch up and rest up weekend for me because next week will be a full and busy week!
Have a great weekend everyone!
This week found me thinking about the past. Oh, I didn’t dwell, but I spent time recalling happy times. sad times, and times when I found great growth in life. So, it was a good week all in all.
So, here is this week’s Friday Five.
- It’s Spring and we are having a lot of melting. Our puddles have puddles and everything is muddy and gross. Of course, Heidi thinks this is so much fun and tried to eat the mud!
- I was walking the dogs in the yard today and I slipped and fell. While getting up I noted I was wet, muddy, and slightly yucky. The dogs were so impressed. I swear they wanted me to “do it again!”
- I have been slow cooking the corned beef all day. I just added the celery and cabbage to the corned beef pot and the carrots, potatoes, and onions are prepped and ready to go.
- Lili had a great birthday.
She had her usual crunchie food, but today I gave her some poached chicken on top. Happy 8th Birthday to my love.
- Heidi is growing by leaps and bounds. She is sixteen pounds now, and such a beautiful girl. She is also my love. I scoop her up in my arms and snuggle her and then I thank God for sending me this cherished girl.
Yes, I am a lucky doggy Mama. Lili and Heidi are such wonderful companions!
Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy the time no matter where you are!
Here we are. The end of the first full week of March. We seem to be stuck between a nice Spring and more Winter! So, here we go, this Week’s Friday Five.
- Yesterday I got into the Hylander and turned the key. The battery was so flat that I didn’t even get a buzz from putting the key in the ignition. I looked up and remembered I had turned the interior light on to find something and forgotten to turn it off! Shoot! I told Jack, apologizing all over the place and admitting my fallibility. He was fine. We hooked up the battery charger and I took the other car. I just hate doing silly things like that!
- Lili slipped on the icy snow the other day and turned her front paw ankle. She’s been stumbling around a bit, but today seems better.
- Jack left the gate open to the other half of the house the other night. Lili woke me and I got up because I didn’t see Heidi.
Heidi, who is now 21 weeks old.
I got to the hallway and looked down, and there she was, standing in the middle of the hallway with a toy looking full of mischief! It took me two walks around the yard before I could settle her back to sleep. All of this taking place at 3 in the morning!
- This morning I loaded up the Hylander with all our trash, and recyclables and hit the Recycling Center. I was lucky. There were not too many people and I went through quickly. I am still amazed at how much cardboard I had to bring! But then, I do not go to retail stores anymore. I pretty much shop online.
- I was due to go and see my grandchildren on Saturday, but once again we are supposed to have a storm. I will be so glad when this winter is over.
+1. Gasoline in Meredith is $4.25 a gallon this morning. Heating oil is $5.35 a gallon. Many people do not realize that there are many of us that heat with oil. We will be spending over $3000.00 this winter to heat our home. And that is keeping the house at approximately 68 degrees.
+2. I say, “Drill, Baby, Drill!” Let’s use our own petroleum products and get back to producing what we need. Independence from foreign producers is a freedom we all deserve! We had it once…
Here we are the first weekend in March. Sometimes March is gentle and slightly warmer. But not this year. It is cold and snowy. Here is this week’s Friday Five.
- March began with plunging temperatures and more snow. 3-4 inches on Tuesday and another 3 inches overnight on Wednesday. I called for a plow on Thursday because at the rate we were going I would need snowshoes to walk in our driveway!
- I had paperwork to do for my health insurance. It made me wonder, why have health insurance if the insurance company doesn’t do their job, forcing you to get all the paperwork together and resubmit? I spent five or so days getting copies of everything and trying to make heads or tails out of their instructions in order to file. Ugh!
- We finally put Lili’s bed back in the family room. Immediately Heidi put her toys on it and declared it hers. Heidi is like that. Lili doesn’t own anything.
It’s all Heidi’s!
- Because I find the TV News and news shows depressing to watch right now, I am binge-watching a few shows that I somehow missed way back when. I am also throwing in the show “Friends” and a whole lot of music!
- My weekend will be filled with the usual. Cleaning, laundry, and cooking. Maybe I will look for a movie or two to watch.
I hope you all have a great weekend and can find some peace and happiness in this crazy world!
The week has flown by and as I write we are awaiting a big snowstorm. somewhere between 8-14 inches. So while I wait, here is this week’s Friday Five.
- After two months I finally was able to get in and have my hair colored and styled.It felt so good to go and get myself all prettied up!
- I also drove Jack to his eye doctor’s appointment at the VA only to become really concerned. They kept him for over two hours!
- This was caused by a medical student using Jack as a Lab Rat. Jack wasn’t really happy about this.
- I’ve been going soup crazy. I made two soups so far and I am toying with the idea of making a seafood chowder next. With the cold weather and gusty winds I really have wanted warm soups.
- I’ve been dreaming quite vividly this week. people I miss, people I long to see again have visited me during my slumber.
That’s all for now. I hope you all have a great weekend!
I’m afraid I have reached the time in my life where time is speeding by quite fast. It seems we get through the weekend and before I know it, the week is gone and we’re at another weekend. Here’s what’s happening!
- I could have cared less about the Super Bowl. I’m afraid that I’ve lost interest in the sport due to the fact that there are so many millionaire athletes getting into trouble, crying about their low pay, and just generally acting like whining babies. I loved watching Tom Brady but felt really bad when he chose to leave New England to play for another team, and then two years later when he retired, thanking everyone, except his fans in New England who supported him all those years. Sorry Tom, you totally blew it with me. So there was no Super Bowl Party here.
- Valentines Day was pretty odd. I did cook a nice meal of lamb chops and mushroom risotto, with a sponge cake, cream, and strawberry filling. But when I went out to buy myself some flowers, the store had crappy ones and when I stopped over at the Florists, they were closed. I told Jack not to worry. I’ll buy something for our anniversary in April.
- I got a hankering for the Chicken, Meatball and Escarole Soup. This stuff is just yummy and best of all, there are no points in it! You can find the recipe HERE.
- Heidi was off to the Vet’s Office for her last vaccination. While there they weighed her (15 lbs) and I made an appointment for her to be spayed.
That will be at the end of April when she is six months old.
- Not too much else really. Since the weekend is here it is laundry time and vacuuming time. Not because of sweet Heidi. But all Lili has to do is sneeze and her white fluffy fur fills the room!
Have a great weekend everyone!