Another week has flown by, and also another month. 2015 is racing past me. The funny thing is, as a child I recall thinking how long time was. A day seemed to last a year and a year…forever.
Now, here I am in my middle years, and I’m quite shocked at how quickly time passes us.
Okay, here is my Friday Five, on this the last day of July.
- I learned how to make Four Bean Salad to can for later this winter. I also have frozen 4 pounds of wax beans!
- I went in to my canning storage area, and re-arranged everything. I would really love to get shelves to store everything down in the coldest part of the basement.
- I really think my eye is getting better. I definitely needed the antibiotics.
- Today was sheet changing day. I love that. It’s one of those things that relaxes me. The feel of cool crisp sheets, when I crawl into bed.
- Next year will be my 40th High School Reunion. I’ve volunteered to be on the planning committee. I think it will be a lot of fun.
My Senior picture from our yearbook. But goodness 40 years!!!
Here we are, at the end of the second week of July. I can recall, oh so clearly, on New Years when I was freezing and had a couple of feet of snow in our back yard.
Anyway, I was sitting here thinking about things and decided to number them up and viola! They become my Friday Five!
- Today I take Lili to the Vet for all of her shots. Most normal dogs will be quiet and sleepy afterward. I sure hope that is the case with Lili. Both Hubby and I can use the time off.
- Thursday found me being incredibly productive. I got the house vacuumed, (not easy with the ever shedding LIli around), shelves washed and cleared, and my plastic container storage area, cleaned and organized, finding two tops to two containers as I did!
- This weekend is going to be a quiet one. I would like to get the air conditioner into the office. Currently that room is just plain stuffy.
- I was in said office for a while today, backing up documents on our desktop computer. It was hot, but I got a lot done backing up our files and income tax records. I’m sure if we were asked to provide documentation from previous Income Taxes, that would be the very moment that computer would chose to die.
- I’m playing Words With Friends with several different people. I love it! Best of all, as I play I think I am getting better at it. What a great workout for the brain!
Have a wonderful summer weekend, everyone!!!
This was a big week for me this week. Here are 5 things that kept my attention during the week.
- I’ve been learning to use the camera in the Smart Phone. This proved to be a good thing, because my small Canon camera sort of bit the dust. The lens does not retract properly and so it gives me an error message.
- Anyway, the new phone takes great pictures. Here are a few of my willing fur models!
- We ventured out to the grocery store. The first time since Motorcycle Week ended. The cupboards were bare, so it was a big shopping day!
- I have figured out how to use the new phone totally hands free in the Toyota. It’s nice to be able to plug it into the speakers and not have to use a headset.
- My back is doing very well. I did not have to use the brace at all today. Tonight it feels pretty good.
Five New Presents
- My new cell phone. Hubby realized that I really did need a Smart Phone, so we both researched it, with the help of my online friends, and Consumer Reports, and decided that the Galaxy S5 was the right one for me. Immediately I loved it! I also bought an Otterbox Case to protect it, as I am always dropping things! Bright pink! Perfect for me!!!
Then three days after the purchase, they “upgraded my operating system to Lollipop and two of my apps stopped working. I spent most of yesterday looking up the problems on the Internet and then…I found my answers and fixed them both! Now I feel Smart!
- My daughter recently gave me a wonderful mini book of Savannah pictures. There are also pictures of my daughter Mandy with Savi.
I love it! It fits right inside my pocketbook, and as always, I am the doting Oma, and show anyone who asks (or even if they don’t) my beautiful girls.
- My sister heard that I have a rather weird neighbor who walks slowly to his car if I am out early with Lili.
So she went out and found the cutest summer bathrobe for me. It is light weight cotton, and so pretty!
- I bought myself a prezzie too! My old clog slippers finally died. They were a pair of Merrell Clogs I wore when I first was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis. (8 and a half years ago) After I got my inserts, I used these well worn and well loved clogs for slippers, as I could run out with the dogs and had good rubber soles. But all good things eventually come to an end. The soles literally peeled off! I searched and searched and I found the same model, but in dove gray.
Not my first choice, but pretty none the less, and best of all, cheap at $29.89. They arrived on Wednesday and I love them!!!
- I also bought myself another prezzie. A new night gown.
Do you ever fold your clothes after laundering them, and realize you haven’t had a new night gown in like 5 years? Or more? Mine are all in rags, and so now that I have the new bathrobe, I bought a new night gown. It’s pretty and pink!
So there you have it. Five new things that I am extremely thankful for. The pictures of Savi and Mandy being the most loved, and the new Smart Phone being the most desired! A banner week for sure!
Here we are at the end of another week. Here are my thoughts on this rather messy (weather-wise) day.
- I had an important doctors appointment this week. I had a lot of blood work done and I am hopeful this will provide some answers. Meanwhile, my doctor is setting up appointments down in Boston with specialists to see if we can figure out what is wrong with me.
- I decided today to do some deep cleaning in my bedroom. I was amazed at the dust bunnies under the bed! They are now all gone and the rug is free and clear of bunnies!
- Sometimes I wish we had hardwood floors in the bedroom. It sure would be easier to keep it clean.
- Tomorrow Hubby and I need to take a trip to the grocery store. Not that we want to go in the rain, but the sales are good, so we want to go.
- I hope everyone has a good weekend!
Here is this weeks episode of Friday Five!
- I got my tooth fixed! It turns out that my bite was terribly off, causing me discomfort!
- When I woke on Thursday it was already snowing. It snowed all day Thursday and as I write on Thursday night it is still snowing. Pretty, but I am so done with snow this year!
- My hair stylist re-arranged my appointment from Thursday to Saturday due to the snow. She is a peach.
- Hubby and I are thinking about getting a (newer) car. A hybrid 4X4 that would be good in both the winter and summer!
- The packing has begun!!!