This is an amazingly simple and good recipe. I made this last night for Jack and he loved it! I was quite surprised as he is not a roasted vegetable fan. Anyway, it is good, so give it a try!
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 slices of bacon diced
- 3 medium carrots (about 1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch thick circles
- 1 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts (about 1/2 pound), halved
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 3 medium parsnips (about 1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary (I used fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (I used fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a large baking sheet pan with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place vegetables and bacon in the bowl and toss well with oil, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Toss well, evenly coating all the vegetables with the seasonings and oil.
- Add more oil if the vegetables seem dry.
- Pour onto large cookie sheet.
- Spread the vegetables evenly.
- Place on middle rack in oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. stirring occasionally.
When vegetables are nicely browned and done to your desired texture, pull out and eat right away.