- • 1 medium eggplant peeled, cut into very thin slices lengthwise
- • olive oil
- • 1/2 cup chopped onion
- . 3 links Sweet Turkey Italian Sausage
- • 1/2 pound mushrooms sliced
- • 6 lasagna noodles
- • 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- • 8 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- . 1 small egg
- • 1 cup shredded part skim Mozzarella cheese
- • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, brown eggplant slices in the oil; set aside. In same skillet add a little more olive oil and heat, cook onion 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until clear and fragrant. Add broken up sausage, mushrooms; cook about 6 to 7 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender, stir frequently.
Cook lasagna noodles according to directions on package. Mix egg with ricotta cheese.
In an 11 x 7 inch baking dish:
Spoon 1/4 cup of sauce.
Arrange alternate layers of 1) noodles, 2) ricotta, 3) mushroom mixture, 4) mozzarella cheese, 5) eggplant slices, 6) sauce, and 7)Parmesan cheese. Bake about 35 to 40 minutes until heated through. Serves 8.
Note: I also added some green pepper and crushed garlic to the onions and mushroom mixture.