1. The popular saying, ‘All is fair in love and war’ is originally credited to English writer John Lyly. Is he right?
When I was young I might have agreed. However, I do not believe that love should be a war. I think that if two people are in love, wonderful. They should jointly work to stay together. If a third party is involved and one person is enjoying the drama…well I simply want no part of that.
2. Are you a cereal eater? What’s your favorite kind?
I limit my cereal intake as I have trouble with starches. I do love Honeynut Cheerios though! I could eat that with whole milk for every meal.
3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.
A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts?
Can we possibly bring back some sanity to the world? However, recently I lost a friendship because of my views on the second amendment. Also because I had raised puppies for tracking wounded game. I am finding our world becoming less and less tolerant of free speech, and actions. It makes me so sad.
4. Whatever happened to sanity?
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What’s the last thing you signed your name to?
My handwriting was never the best, but since arthritis settled in, it is almost illegible. So if you get a note from me and it is type written, forgive me. I simply can’t do it anymore.
6. Speaking of John Hancock…ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?
Yes. A few times actually. It was enjoyable.
7. Share something funny you’ve heard a child say.
Many years ago, at a friend’s home, a group of children were playing. One little boy, an only child, was having a tough time sharing his toys. He got more and more angry until he jumped to his feet and said…”I’ve had it…Get out! Do you hear me? Out! (then he misspelled this)…’MUX’… Out!”. We all burst out laughing, much to the little boys chagrin!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well, all the drama associated with Greta’s Cystitis, is past us! Thank goodness. She is happy and healthy and back to being her normal self. I am so happy. She really scared me to death!