1. What’s something you could do today to feel more peaceful?
Well, let’s see. My plan is to try to stay doing the things I do every day. Somehow the routine things, cooking meals, making the bed, vacuuming, all keep me steady and balanced.
2. June 2nd is National Rotisserie Chicken Day. Who knew? Are you a fan of rotisserie chicken? You’ve purchased one at your local market for tonite’s dinner. Will you serve as is or make something else using the chicken?
It’s what’s for dinner tonight, Joyce! I have a rotisserie oven, which I love. I bought a Perdue roaster and will make that in the rotisserie oven for our dinner. That rotisserie oven was the best purchase I made for our kitchen 20 years ago!
3. I read a list recently (go here to read more) of 20 of the most beautiful places in America. How many of these have you seen up close and in person? Of the sites on this list that you haven’t seen, which would you most like to see?
Kenai Fjords Alaska, Not the Kenai, but I have been to Alaska. I think the Fjord we toured was called Tracy Arm. Amazingly Beautiful!
The White Mountains New Hampshire, This is where I live. It is full of wonder and beauty. I guess it’s why we call the mountains of New Hampshire home!
We have Mountains and fields of wildflowers and landscapes galore.
As well as Lupines everywhere. The Lupines are a bright purple flower. I feel blessed to live in this State.
The Berkshires Massachusetts, Funny this. I have spent a little time there. As a teen, I went skiing with a Youth Group because I was crazy about a boy. Don’t we do crazy things when we are 13 and love-struck! We went to Butternut Basin to ski and after one lesson I decided I wanted to impress this guy. Let’s just say, it didn’t work out, and I was on crutches for a bit!
Acadia National Park Maine, I’ve been there and it’s lovely.
Central Park New York City, Niagara Falls New York. I have been to both places and they are nice. Niagra Falls more so than the City.
Oddly enough, my wanderlust is not what it once was. Perhaps this is due to the Pandemic.
4. What’s one pretty spot you’d add to the list in question #3? Are there travel plans of any kind on your calendar right now? Does that make you happy, anxious, excited, or relieved?
I love Cape Cod. It’s my home. I will return when it is safe to do so. I have no travel plans at all. I do not feel safe or comfortable traveling.
This is Nobska Light House in Falmouth, Massachusetts.
5. Tell us one un-COVID related thing you’re looking forward to in the month of June.
More fresh vegetables coming in. I’ve become quite the veggie eater!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
This week I reached a major milestone. I have now lost over 40 pounds on the WW Program. I have lived this program for 22 weeks and had great success.
Most of the time I do very well, but there were days that were very tough. I have more to go, and I know that my change in the way I prepare food, the portion sizes, and also the kinds of food.
I’m feeling happy and sort of proud of myself. This is something I have wanted for a very long time and it’s finally happening!