This week was an incredibly busy one. Each day was full and I covered a lot of ground. So, here are the top things in this week’s Friday Five.
- Monday was Jack’s first appointment with his new Primary Care doctor. I’m doing all the driving now, but I also wanted to go in with him for his appointment. Jack has had an infection in the toe next to the one that was amputated and I felt he needed to get on some antibiotics. I should get paid for my diagnosis. Sure enough, he was put on a strong antibiotic. And an appointment to see his Podiatrist was made. On our way home, we stopped and got gas and groceries. What a long day!
- Tuesday I was trying to get some housework done and I actually did get some basics gone. But there is still more deep cleaning to do.
- Wednesday we were off to the VA again to see Jack’s Podiatrist. The doctor debrided the infected area on the toe until we could see the ulcer. It is not very large, which means I got to it in time (I hope!). Jack now has to allow me to clean and dress the toe daily and finish all the antibiotics.
- Thursday was another kind of crazy day. Sheets were washed and beds were made, I went to get some fresh fruit and popcorn at the grocery store which I like. The last time I shopped I got Jollytime Popcorn, and it was terrible. It was very salty and it tasted like crap! I like Orville Redenbacher’s Kettle Corn Mini Bags. It’s the best of the diet popcorns out there. I also went to get the mail at the Post Office, only to find out that I had paid my property taxes and was 5 cents short! Needless to say, I stopped and left the nickel to pay the town what I owed.
- And last but not least, today Lili is going in for a dental and her shots. I know the trip out to my Veterinarian will be crazy as Lili is not a good car rider. But I also know the ride home will be nice and quiet as she will still be sleepy. Thus ending another long and busy week!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Another week has gone by. Somehow we survived the heat. But as this week ends, thus begins “Motorcycle Week”.
- I went with Jack on Wednesday for his hand procedure. It was the non-surgical procedure to “cure” Dupuytren’s Contracture in his left hand. I did not expect what happened, (his skin tore!) and all of the blood. Now Jack has a one-inch cut at the base of his finger. Honest to goodness, if he had done this at home I would have taken him in for stitches. Now I have to dress his hand and clean it until it heals. No stitches involved.
- I usually do okay with these things, but watching this done and all the blood, well, I felt a little faint. That is the first time that has ever happened. At least the bleeding has stopped and it looks a tad better.
- I keep working, making tweaks on my bird suet feeders. I love feeding the birds, but we have several crows and a raven that like to fly upside down and clean out the feeders. I’m attempting to train Lili to chase them off!
- I had a major update on my phone yesterday and suddenly all my pictures disappeared! I was frantic. I headed to the Verizon Store and asked what was going on? Somehow the Google Pictures had been turned on and had taken all my pictures and sent them to the cloud! And worst of all, if I reach my limit there is a fee to store them there! I already use Flickr, so once home, I turned Google pictures off! I have an SD Card in my phone with plenty of backup space.
- I have no plans for this weekend. I want to watch tennis, and also maybe a movie or two.
Have a great weekend everyone!
This week really sped by for me. It’s not that I was too busy, but I just found that the hours of each day sped by. So, let’s look back as we come up with this week’s Friday Five.
- It was the Memorial Day Holiday on Monday. We didn’t have any big plans, so we just hung out and watched “The French Open Tennis Tournament”. I love to watch tennis, even though I have never played.
- Tuesday was my beauty appointment and I just have to say, I really love going and spending a couple of hours on myself.
So very relaxing!
- Wednesday I met up with my friends for our weekly meeting. WW may have dropped us all up here in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire, but these 12 wonderful women bring light and hope to me every week.
We sit outside and this is our view!
We have become very good friends during the Corona Pandemic. We are so lucky to have each other.
- I did something to my new cell phone and I couldn’t access my SD Card. Back to Verizon, I went. There was simply a conflict. My old cell phone had shifted material over to the new phone and some of the old programs no longer work on the newer cell phone. Jessie was nice and she got me all taken care of.
- Tomorrow I will be heading down to see my grandchildren. It’s a little rough because I have to drive down and back in one day. 76 miles down and 76 miles back. In my youth, this wouldn’t have bothered me, but I do get tired. But, I can sleep on Sunday. For now, I can do the down and back in one day so I can be with my grands and daughter!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Life is crazy right now. It seems to be flying by. Unlike last year, when we were all shut in and wondered when life might begin again. Well, here we are and things are speeding by like they did pre-covid! So here we go with this week’s Friday Five.
- I have discovered a way to keep the Crows, and Ravens away from my bird feeders. I put out a white patio chair in between the two feeders and since then the larger birds are not interested in raiding the suet feeders. The Grackles are also leary of the wonderful white chair.
- Arnie is hanging in there. Most of the time he does very well, but the boy has discovered that after dinner and his walk he would rather just go to bed. Guess he doesn’t enjoy Jack’s police shows.
- I finally got in to have my mammogram. Not my most loved thing to do, but it’s what you do when you are over the age of 40 now. Yearly, right? Somehow I missed 3 years! Oops! Well, it’s done now, and it was done on their new 3-D mammography machine.
- This weekend I plan to kick back a little. I am still not up to par and I need to try and get past this.
- We have had wonderful weather, with the exception of a thunderstorm Wednesday night. We got into the 90s on Wednesday before returning to the low 80s. The town is crowded with summer tourists, and motorcycles race up and down the road below us, giving us a lot of noise. Mostly, things are very quiet, but with summer here, the noise of the great hogs takes over.
Have a great weekend.
The week has flown by, but quite honestly, I am wiped out. Arnie has been sick and I have been back and forth to the Vets, and then worried sick about him. At fourteen and a half years old, even a sneeze elicits panic in my heart and soul! Anyway, here is my Friday Five!
- I made the best ever Pot Roast for Jack. Thankfully there are leftovers for him to eat so I can stick to my plan.
- I lost six pounds this week on WW. I am thrilled, but I also know I need to be careful as it comes back far too quickly!
- I am planning an overnight with my grands very soon. Quite honestly, it can’t be soon enough. I sure have missed them!
- I am not sure if I mentioned that my Insurance Carrier refused to pay for my facial surgery last October. They claimed it was cosmetic despite the fact that three tumors were removed. I appealed the decision with 23 pages of supporting documentation. I heard back, that after reviewing the documents and the pictures of the three tumors, they had decided to pay! Well, happy days are here again!
- I had lunch with several of my WW Ladies on Wednesday. We have decided to make this a monthly thing. It was so nice to relax and just chat away!
So that’s it this week. Please keep Arnie in your prayers. He is such a good boy and honestly, I am not sure what I will do if he takes a turn for the worst!
Meanwhile, have a great weekend!
This week was a fairly busy one, so as I sit here writing, I can’t quite believe it is already Friday! So, here goes!
- ‘Tis the season for Auto Inspections. We have two cars, so we made appointments to bring them in. Both passed with flying colors and now that job is done for the year.
- It was Jack’s Birthday and food was eaten. Good food! Sinful food! So the day after I hopped back on the WW wagon, and I am really working at getting back into the program. It is so easy to fall off the wagon. And not so easy to get back on.
- I am off to the Veterinarians this morning with Arnie. Poor guy is still not feeling well. So I will bring a urine sample in, and they will do a complete senior doggy exam, complete with a blood draw and CBC. At 14 1/2 years old I worry so much about him. Regular check-ups are a must.
- I discovered a great recipe. It for WW Eggplant & Vegetable Pizza. For all of 1 point! I made it on Wednesday and it was so good! Since I had leftover veggies I decided to have it again today.
- We are finally having sunny weather. Not that it is too warm, but it sure is nice to see the sunshine! And after all that rain, everything is very green and the grass will soon need to be mowed.
Have a wonderful weekend, Everyone!
Here we are the last day of April 2021! Wow, this month literally flew by.
- Many things were accomplished, which included both of my Covid-19 Vaccinations. Do I feel safer? Yes and no.I feel a little safer, but I still wear a mask, still wash my hands like crazy, and I keep my distance from people. You never know when a new strain will show up.
- We are finally having rain. A lot of rain, in fact. Which we really do need. Everything is greening up and starting to grow. It’s actually quite beautiful. Even if it is wet!
- Tomorrow is my big day. I have rearranged the phone and tablet and computer charging stations in the family room. This required a longer and better power plug bank.I ordered one as well as the cords for cell phones and Bluetooth earpieces. So I will clean out all the dust bunnies and then set it all up.
- I also would like to take down the curtains, wash and dry them, and put them back up. Spring cleaning.
- I’ve really been enjoying old movies in the morning. I’ve had trouble sleeping lately and so I make coffee and sit and watch old movies from 6 o’clock on. I look forward to getting back into a normal sleeping pattern.
So that’s it for this week’s Friday Five, and for the month of April!
Well, another week has sped by. I believe we have seen a return to much colder temperatures, which resulted in icy rain, hail, and snow. Nothing really amounted to much, but we did get a lot of much-needed rain. So as the week closes, here are the five things on my mind.
- Getting my second Covid Vaccine was about the high light of my week. Since I’d reacted so strongly to the first one, I planned all this quiet time, and then I did not need it! I have one more week before the full effect will take place, but I plan to do all that I do now to stay healthy, and a mask and excessive handwashing are at the top of my list.
- I did go to my Ladies Meeting on Wednesday. This is the first time I’ve seen everyone in person since November! My gals are all vaccinated, and we sit outside, in our folding chairs, and share our journey in life. How lucky our little group is to have each other.
- Our trees are starting to get buds which in a month will open and give us full-looking trees. No more skeleton trees! Spring is on the way, I just know!
- And now for my newest recipe of the week. Banana Bread! Just 2 points per mini loaf!
For those following WW, this cute little mini loaf has just 2 points! Yay
- And here are two pictures of my mini loaf. One is taken as it looks after coming out of the pan,
and the second one is after I’ve been nibbling on it for my breakfast!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
It’s been a busy week for me. I found myself in bed early each night and actually sleeping in until 6:30 each morning. Here’s what’s happening in my world.
- The best piece of news is that my God-son is doing much better after getting Remdecivere. The hope is that he will be well enough to go home very soon!
- My new crown arrived and it’s a great match to the rest of my teeth. I have an incredible amount of dental work in my head. My goal is to keep my teeth until I die. After that? Well, I have no opinion!
- I did a big shopping after getting “Crowned”. We have a weird forecast for rain/ice/snow and I felt I needed to be prepared. So, we are all set.
- I go tomorrow to get my second Moderna Covid Vaccine. I still plan to wear masks when out, to practice proper handwashing, and basically not change too much of what I am doing.
- Lastly, I have no plans for the weekend. After Shot#1 I felt unwell for several days, SO I have actually planned to rest and take care of myself after this next shot. My hope is that the booster we all will have to take won’t cause the reactions I have had.
Have a great weekend!
So, here we are, the first Friday in April. Can it possibly be over a year since all the Covid Craziness began? Yes indeed. And as I sit and write on Thursday night, I am grateful we have made it! So, here is this week’s Friday Five.
- April 1st came in with high winds, (not as bad as it was on Monday) rain, and at times a little sleet. It is brutal going out with the pups, but I keep my heavy coat and hat at the door with my gloves. Brrrrr. I am ready for Spring to come with much warmer temperatures.
- On Wednesday I went to Hannaford Grocery Store and as I entered I saw a large rack with at least a dozen Hyacinth plants. My favorite smell in all the world! A woman was in front of me, and she took every single plant! I felt very sorry about this. I really wanted one and sort of needed to brighten up my day. Thursday I was back at the shop to see if Jack’s Orange Donuts were there and just as I came up to the door the floral lady was putting out the plants!And there it was. A beautiful dish of three Hyacinths and a couple of tulips and some daffodils that have yet to open. And I got the first pick! I selected this one because I could smell the Hyacinths through my mask! Since I have gotten it home, the scent of the Hyacinths has permeated the air in our family room. Ahhhhhh.
- I took my turkey out of the deep freeze yesterday to cook on Sunday. I bought it at Thanksgiving for an entire 39¢ a pound! Cheap eats. This I love. I’ll be making butternut squash, green bean casserole, turkey, mashed potato for Jack, and gravy. No stuffing. I really love stuffing, but it sure doesn’t love me. All those carbs go straight to my hips!
- Have you ever watched “The Great British Baking Show”? I’ve been streaming that and enjoying every moment.I love baking and it is so fun to watch ordinary people baking up a storm. Many of the items I have never heard of, but what fun it is to watch!
- Because I am loving the British Baking Show, I decided to attempt a new Quiche recipe. The flavors were great, but looking back I needed to mix the mushrooms, onion, and peppers with the cheese before I poured in the egg mixture. Still, it tasted so great.
So that’s it for this week. I hope you all have a happy and healthy weekend!