- Well, Heidi isn’t doing all that well, and it is frustrating for me. Last night, she got up and wanted to go out. I struggled into my boots, and she had gone on the carpet. I still walked her, but the ammonia smell hit me when I came in. There was no easy way to clean it at 12:30 in the morning, so I put the rug in the tub, closed the door, and went back to bed.
- Waking this morning, I took her right out, and she hardly went. Honestly, I am at the end of my doggy leash. Currently, she is asleep in the sun.
- Yesterday, I was feeling the need to get out. I went for breakfast. It was great to see everyone!
- Then, I was off to the farmstand, which had just opened. Almost all my favorite things were there. It’s also nice to go where people know you!
- Then I went to my local furniture store. Here is the deal. It’s President’s Day Weekend, with a lot of sales. I did not have new furniture with my first husband. But heck, we were 17 years old and had very little cash. Yard sales and inheriting things were how we filled our apartments.
After that, I married Jack and moved into his house, where I inherited the furniture from his first marriage. There were promises of new furniture, but that never happened. I have lived with that furniture for over 35 years. Since I can no longer sleep in a regular bed, I tried an adjustable queen-size mattress yesterday. I have spine problems, so I decided to get a bed I could sleep in. After all, I’ve been sleeping in my recliner for two years. It has been the only comfortable place. Since I am giving away the two dressers that belonged to Jack and his first wife, I ordered a large ladies’ dresser, a mirror, a new bed frame, and a bedside table.
- Heidi had been acting strangely over the last weekend. And on Sunday night, when I took her out to wee-wee, I noticed that not much was coming out. Since I have been down this road before, I used my special pan to get a specimen. Almost nothing came out.
- The Vet was the first one I called on Monday, and I was instructed to keep catching samples in a Ziploc bag. We were scheduled for 2:30.
- X-rays were taken, and surgery was scheduled for first thing on Wednesday morning.
- I brought her out early and then drove back, stopping at a grocery shop and getting the mail. When I finished putting everything away, my Vet called to tell me Heidi was done and I should come around 2:30 to pick her up.
- All has gone as planned, and she is recovering well. We are working to find good food to avoid more problems with her Urinary Tract.
I’ve spent the last week lying here in the recliner, cooking. Until today, I have had a fever and felt pretty rotten. Covid is not fun!
But I think the worst is over. I will test on Sunday; hopefully, the test will be negative.
- Due to the high fever, all I have done is sleep. I have gotten no laundry done, and I am behind on everything.
- Have I mentioned I am going on another trip in May? I am going to England and will spend time with my daughter (step). It’s been so long since I saw her, and I am so excited!
- I hope I can at least start some laundry. I returned from my vacation, dropped my bags, sat down, and nothing got done.
- I’m still enjoying the Christmas decorations, but I have no desire. Soon.
- Both of the puppy girls are taking great care of me. I am a lucky Mama!
- I flew from Boston the night before I was to leave on the cruise. I did this because I didn’t want to take the chance of missing my cruise. I had a reservation at the Yotel Motel near the Miami Cruise Port. The room was lovely, and it had a movable bed. It was then I decided that a full-motion bed was for me.
- I had a simple breakfast in the morning and then took a cab to the ship. At noon, I was escorted onto the boat and shown my cabin.
3. I flew from Boston the night before I was to leave on the cruise. I did this because I didn’t want to take the chance of missing my cruise. I had a reservation at the Yotel Motel near the Miami Cruise Port. The room was lovely, and it had a movable bed. It was then I decided that a full-motion bed was for me.
4. I was apprehensive that a lower cabin would provide too much motion, and I might feel sick. I used an over-the-counter medication called Meclizine, which I sometimes use for dizziness. I used that, and I was fine.
That evening, I went to the formal dining room and asked if there was a space for a singleton like me. A group was quickly found at that table for the remainder of the cruise when I was in the formal dining room.
So, this week flew by, although I did not get much done. I want to, but there are times I feel frozen. So, here we go.
- I believe I have mentioned my trips to our local diner. “George’s”. I love it. I go in, people know me, and I smile. The other day, I’d finished my meal, and I was getting up to leave when I knocked over my water. We all mopped it up, and off I went.
- I did not feel like making lunch the next day, so I went to “George’s” for lunch. As I entered, the waitress said in a joking voice…”Don’t give her any water! She’s a spiller! We all laughed, and I smiled. “George’s” has become my “Cheers.”
- I have begun thinking about my cruise, and so help me, we’d better not have a hurricane that sends my ship to Boston.
- My goal today is to clear off the bed in my bedroom. I have slept in my recliner since I brought Heidi home (3 years). After the first of the year, I plan to buy an adjustable bed.
- My trip. Let us all pray for nice, warm, and dry weather!
The week went by, and I did accomplish a lot, but there were a few setbacks.
- I try to get things done each day. Unfortunately, I am not nearly as energetic as I had hoped.
- Once again, the laundry situation got out of hand. This drives me insane. So I filled the large basket and started down to the laundry room.
- On the fourth step from the bottom, I slipped, and down, I sent. The fall seemed to go in slow motion, and once I landed, I lay there like a turtle on their back, attempting to get up as well as evaluate my injuries.
- Fortunately, I was simply bruised. That being said I have decided to bring the washer and dryer upstairs. You know, the small stackables?
I’ve decided I truly need my upcoming vacation more than anyone could have guessed. Just when I thought I was done with the crap, new stuff came along. So here goes.
- This week was another one filled with basic unhappy letters. I had thought Jack’s former employer had figured it all out. But on Tuesday, I got a bill for $1880.00! I laughed because the Supervisor told me in November that their coverage only went until December. This was pretty easy to fix.
- I’ve decided to go to England to see my (step) daughter. I don’t think I have seen her in 20 years. I will spend time with her and then sail out of Southhampton. I have always wanted to do this cruise. But I ran out of time.
- Next year, I want to do the Denali trip, land and sea. You fly into Fairbanks and board a train down to Denali, where you spend a few days communing with Polar Bears and Elk. Then, you return to the train down to Anchorage to board your cruise ship.
- My Bahama trip is nearing, and I am very excited about that.
- Tomorrow, little Miss Heidi goes in for some grooming. I must mention that Heidi has started walking around like she is in command. It is the funniest thing to watch! I will try to get a picture or video of this.
This week, I decided to go slowly in my life. No rushing, no craziness. And I can report, at the end of this week, that progress has been made. So, here is this week’s Friday Five.
- On Monday, as I have written, I went to the Social Security Office in Concord. It remains to be seen if I was successful in convincing them that I am alive, But I am hopeful.
- I picked up my mail on Tuesday. I have found that there are days that I see nothing but pieces of horrific, depressing crap! On Tuesday, this was the case.
- The company my husband worked for before he retired sent me a bill! Now, I am on Medicare, and they are no longer involved in my healthcare, but they think I owe them $1800.00! I called, and they are investigating!
- I went out for an Asian Fusion luncheon.It was so much fun, my friend invited me, and it was great.
- Today, two things are happening. I ordered new end tables for the family room, and I am taking another friend to lunch for her birthday!
Life isn’t perfect, but it is getting better. Have a great weekend!
We had our first snowfall on Thursday. I wonder what it is that causes people to become idiots, forgetting everything they learned about driving in the snow. So it was today. So, here’s what’s happening at the end of this week.
- I’ve been so tired that I just haven’t been able to get out of my own way. I decided to plan a trip for myself, but the cruising prices with Princess Cruises were out of this world.
- So, I went to bed feeling lost and depressed.
- Wednesday found me making a few phone calls. I couldn’t believe that everyone was charging that much.
- Thursday, with the help of Terry, I found a 9-day cruise well within my price range. Also, I have not been to two of the islands.
- The reservations are made for the ship, my plane tickets are all set, too, and in January, I am off to recharge my batteries, hopefully.
- The trim all around the house was fixed or replaced and painted. They discovered I needed a new walk-in basement door, and the garage doors were resealed.
- I was cruising YouTube and found the Luke and Laura videos from way back when. I was truly a fan of General Hospital, and I am enjoying seeing them again after all these years. So many of the GH cast have passed away, but here they are again, and I thank them all for entertaining me.
- I went to the dentist today, and my bad tooth has worsened. And I will see the Prosthedontist tomorrow.
- My Savannah and my Quinn are in a play on Sunday. I am going down to watch them! I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am.
- Well, I am closing in on becoming an official card-carrying Medicare member, a senior citizen. Well, it sure beats the alternative!