- I’ve been eyeing an Echo from Amazon, and this morning I went on to order it and the price was up $20.00! Now, after living with Jack, the cheapest man on the earth, I refused to complete the transaction. I am hoping that Amazon will have a sale before Christmas. Then I will buy this gift for myself.
- I am on my way today to have my yearly physical. I had my bloodwork done, in hopes that my Cholesterol Levels would be closer to normal. I mean, I’ve lost 57.2 pounds and that should be good for something, right? Unfortunately, it appears my levels have not changed at all. Ugh!
- I am sick to death of all the hate on Facebook. So, I joined two groups. One for ABBA fans and one for Dackel Lovers.
I’ve set up my reader so I am seeing less and less hate and more puppy dogs and ABBA Songs! So much better!
- For those wondering, I really love my Pampered Chef Air Fryer. It’s perfect!
I’m still learning, but one thing I do very well with is reheating Pizza for Jack. It comes out perfect every time!
- My young friend’s entire family has Covid-19. She and one of the kids feel pretty lousy, while her husband and their year-old baby, although positive, are fairing better. Please people, wear your masks, isolate and be patient. One day we will look back and this horrible plague will be past us.
- I went in on Tuesday and had my hair refreshed and trimmed. I’m really enjoying having slightly shorter hair. It makes my hair prep time down to about 5 minutes each day. This, I like!
- I had my Ladies meeting and I cannot tell you how good this is for me. It’s my one day to see the special people in my life and I get so much support there.
- I also made 32 jars of Heavenly Peach Jam. I like the first batch best, and Jack likes the second batch best.
It’s sort of funny because although I followed the same recipe, it was the ripeness of the peaches that made all the difference!
- On Wednesday night about 10:50 PM, we heard two large explosions. And the lights went out. Jack woke me as he feared our deep freeze would thaw and he wanted to get the generation going.
So up I got, and we got the generator going, which was good as the lights were out until 3:40 AM. It turns out that a car had flipped over on the road below us and taken out a phone pole strung with electrical wires. Upon returning to bed, I only got a couple of hours of sleep before the dogs demanded their breakfasts. Needless to say, as I write on Thursday night, I am exhausted. The bed is beckoning me!
- And lastly, It was a very good week weight-wise! I feel so blessed that I have found this lifestyle change and that it has worked for me! I feel like a whole new woman!
Well here we are, the first Friday of September. It’s hard to believe that the year is slipping by so fast. It’s been a very full week for me. I am quite tired and I hope for a little down time. In any case, here are 5 things going on.
- On Wednesday I was early leaving for my doctor’s appointment, so I stopped at Talbot’s at the Outlet and bought a pair of size 14 jeans! At the start of the year, I was wearing a size 20 and they were tight! So proud of all my work changing my lifestyle.
- I also stopped at Jockey and bought myself new underwear. My old ones were all stretched out and were giving me constant wedgies!
- I had my first steak this week in over 8 months! Boy, was it delicious!
- We’ve had quite a bit of rain and so everything has greened up around here. It’s quite pretty.
- We are interviewing people to take care of the snow plowing this winter. Jack was very unhappy with the people we had last season.
So that’s it. I did do a lot of driving and even got my tetanus shot. Next on my list is the Super Flu shot.
Have a Happy Weekend!
- Meredith Bay on Lake Winnipesaukee, in my little town.
This is The Mount Washington Cruise Ship that takes Tourists around our beautiful lake! Lake Winnipesaukee is New Hampshire’s largest lake with a surface area of 72 miles and around 200 miles of shoreline. At 9 ½ miles wide and 28 miles long, the lake is home to (what some estimate to be) 365 islands of which 274 are habitable. I love our big Lake.
- This is another view of Meredith. I would think it was taken from a Drone.
This Town, Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall is one of the most beautiful places on earth.
- My home. It is not perfect, but the views of our smaller Lake, Lake Waukewan are beautiful.
We’ve been here 21 years now. I think that’s the longest I have lived anywhere.
- Sunsets on my little lake are so lovely. I can look out our front windows, or sit on our screened porch and watch the sun go down.
This always brings a smile to my face.
- Tuesday I weighed in and lost close to two pounds. I now have just 19 pounds left to lose!
- After that, I had my breakfast and headed to the grocery store. At that early hour, there was no one there and it made my shopping a lot more pleasurable!
- On Wednesday I met up with my friends. We had about an hour and a half meeting before going our separate ways. That meeting keeps me going all week long, as the encouragement and support given are so helpful in staying on plan, and staying sane!
- Later in the day on Wednesday, I went to see my hairstylist and dear friend, Rebecca and she gave me a great cut and color! I love the great cut, as I simply shake out my curls and they pop! It is easy and so nice.
What do you think?
- My plans this weekend are to do the heavy cleaning. Vacuuming, washing floors, and finishing the laundry. Aside from that, I will try to rest my back afterward and maybe pick up a book and read it!
So, that’s my five for this week. I hope you all have a nice, happy, and pleasant weekend!
1. On Tuesday I got the call I had hoped for. After going through Arnie’s illness, nearly losing him, and the big bill, I was thrilled to learn that the Pharmaceutical Company will be paying for all of Arnie’s care.
- Either way, Arnie was getting treatment. In fact, when he got sick, I didn’t realize that the drug companies guarantee their vaccines. It’s a nice gift to my pocketbook.
- It has been so hot! I am thankful that we have air conditioning. Even the dogs are not enjoying this heat! They are perfectly happy to chill out and take naps on and off all day long!
- I am reading a book written by a former High School Classmate of mine. It deals with his life-altering car accident, his death, and rebirth. It is fascinating to me, as the places he writes about are the places I know because I grew up in that town. The book is called “Pen, Paper, Prayer” written by James P. Holmes. Well done Jim!
4. I think I have pretty much tackled my mouse problem as I have had empty traps these last three days. I will keep setting them out though because mice tend to wander in as the weather gets cold.
5. Cooking this week has been a thrill. We’ve eaten Lobsters and stir-fried vegetables and chicken, and the best avocados! Also wonderful fresh salads and corn on the cob. Summers are great when you have so many fresh foods to choose from!
The week was a busy one for us. It seemed each day was planned around an activity or two. Some good and some sad. So here goes.
- My week started off with me being exactly two-tenths of a pound away from a total weight loss of 50 pounds! It sort of hit me that all my planning and hard work have paid off. I’m just about 20 pounds from my goal weight!
- My weekly meeting with my friends was a very good one! We all sort of unofficially drafted Holly to be our Leader. I have to tell you, she is a born leader and she is doing a wonderful job keeping us focused on our weight loss journey! I have known Holly since 2008 and consider her one of my very special friends.
- I had to take Arnie and Anneliese in for their re-checks. Arnie had to have blood drawn and it’s been sent away.Arnie has made quite a good recovery from Lepto and he is back to his spunky self!
- Anneliese needed her urine checked and again she has another UTI. We’re all at a loss as to why, but Anneliese’s medical history (many UTIs and of course the breast cancer, not to mention being nearly blind), so the Vet and I decided that she will go on antibiotics indefinitely.We will keep her comfortable and do what we can to make her last months on earth really good ones. At nearly 14 we feel so lucky that we have had her all of this time!
- And today I am off to see my Glaucoma Doctor. I have not been in since Covid-19 all began, but I need my pressures checked. After that, I will be driving to my daughter’s home to spend the night! I foresee lots of pool time with my two grandchildren!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Well, here we are. The very last day in July of 2020. Another month and the summer will be over. I am actually grateful that right now time seems to be going by very fast. In fact, the sooner 2020 ends, the better!
Alas, here we are, and so, here is this week’s Friday Five!
- This week was not what I had planned. I’d started cleaning out my closet and was mostly successful. But the heat slowed me down and I still have the shelves to finish.
- My daughter had given me a beautiful Vera Bradley pocketbook last Christmas! I so adore it. However, the last month, my left shoulder has really been bothering me, and my right as well. What to do, what to do? Well my daughter has these cute wristlet type wallets and I found one to match the purse and best of all, it is on a small strap.Just enough to carry my credit cards, and cell phone! It slips in my purse for long-range trips, and then I pull it out when I go grocery shopping.
- While doing laundry I noticed that there were telltale signs of mice! Ugh! It is a big process, to go through everything, find the nest, vacuum and wash everything and throw some stuff away. At first, I was grossed out, but now I am thinking how good this is for me to get rid of a lot of crap! I will be bringing a load first thing in the morning to the Recycling Center
- So while I cleaned in the basement, from 8:30-3:45, I realized I’ll be down there a lot for a while. The bug has bitten me and I want to basement clean, NOW!
- Lastly, The two dackels have finished their antibiotics and I will need to bring them in some time at the end of next week or the beginning of the week after for blood and urine tests. They both seem to be doing well, but I need testing done to prove to the Pharmaceutical Company that Arnie really did have Lepto and I believe Anneliese did too.
So that’s it for the week. I’m getting a lot done, but I am reminded that I am not as young as I once was as my body creaks and I groan!
Have a great weekend!
You will not believe the week I had! But below, it is detailed in this week’s Friday Five!
- On Tuesday I was having a problem with my laptop. It was almost like there was a conflict and things just weren’t working well. I decided that I would back up the entire machine. And on Wednesday morning I wiped my hard drive and started again.
- Because I have done this numerous times, I have gotten very good at the backup and then the reloading of the machine. Everything went smoothly until Adobe Photoshop Elements, and for whatever reason, that program is never easy to reinstall. At 9 PM, I shut the machine down and went to bed.
- I woke on Thursday and my cell phone, which had been acting wonky, no longer would hook up to my blue tooth, and it would close on programs I was using! I really didn’t need that!
- I finished installing the Adobe program, and it went right in! I do not know why, but I will not look a gift horse in the mouth! Then I settled in doing a factory reset on my Galaxy S-8. I backed it up, and then wiped the drive!
- I spent the day reprogramming the cell-phone and there is actually more to do, but the phone is already working well. And my Bluetooth is back to working as well. It was a big job. In some ways bigger than the computer, but I got them both done. Yay, Me!
+1. Now here is my Plus 1 this week. I did this all myself. I did it because my former Computer Guru taught me along the way. I am so thankful that each time Brad came to repair my machines, he taught me all the things I needed to know. I am self-taught too, but in many ways that makes me even prouder of my accomplishment!
- I went in on Wednesday and got my hair cut and re-colored. I look more like myself once again.
My poor hair, uncut since February really needed to be shaped. Call me happy.
- I returned for a re-check on my Corneal Abrasion. All is going well, with the exception of my eye pressure. That was up slightly.
- My Pampered Chef Party is going well. We have a few more days to go, so if you want a little something from the party let me know.
- A close family member has come down with some sort of Virus. We are all hoping and praying that it is not Covid-19.
- I’ve been watching a lot of documentaries and Veterinarian shows. I so enjoy this type of TV.
So, that’s it for the week of July 17th. I hope yours was a happy and healthy one!