- On Tuesday I delivered all my Christmas gifts to my daughter’s house. I’ve been shopping online since the summer, and I spent all of Sunday wrapping, and then put all the gifts in two large boxes and tucked them into my Highlander. Although I am really happy that the kids will have presents from me, I will miss them like crazy on Christmas Day.
- After doing that on Tuesday I drove over to the VA to get my Moderna Booster Shot. The nurse, who I already know, was so gentle that I did not feel a thing.
- But an hour later, I started to feel unwell. I was due to have physical therapy, but I had to leave and get home.
- Wednesday I felt a bit better and I went about a Zoom call and a few other things. It was my Birthday and I planned a nice Charcuterie Board, Champagne, and Baked French Onion Soup. But by the time we sat down to eat I had a fever of 102° (F). I had no appetite and so the champagne was not popped, and I didn’t even have my soup! I simply did the dishes and then went to bed at 7 PM. I proceeded to sleep 13 hours.
- Thursday found me still a bit under the weather. The fever was down, but I was so tired. My arm is swollen, red, and sore. I’ve been told it is a positive reaction. So it is done and over with. Now I can travel to get Heidi and not worry too much. I will still wear a mask and sanitize my hands as much as I can.
So that was the week that was. I lived to tell the tale and I know that by the time the weekend is over I will be fine and back to my old self.
I wish you all a wonderful weekend and a happy week ahead!