Spring arrived this week, and as I write the grass has turned green and is growing, and the tight buds on the fruit trees will very quickly begin to open. But for now, here are this week’s Friday Five.
- My back is pretty much healed. If I begin to overdo then it will pinch me and let me know I need to sit for a few minutes and rest before getting back to things.
- It’s been a challenge as both dogs had tummy trouble within one day of each other. They’re fine now, but nothing moves you faster than the sound a dog makes just before they lose their dinner!
- We just learned that a very old friend of Jack’s and mine passed away. She had attended college with Jack and they both graduated the same year from Middlebury College in Vermont. Carolyn married one of Jack’s good friends and theirs had been a very happy marriage. We are both very saddened by this.
- It’s Cinco de Mayo tonight so I am making Tacos. Since we don’t get out much, I make an effort to celebrate these little holidays when I can.
- Nothing much planned for this weekend. If possible I’d like to get the big vacuum out and run it all over the house. However, we will see how the back feels.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of you Moms & Grandmoms!