Today is my 4000th posting on Dackel Princess! In 15 years it has been a joy for me to write each day and share my world with all of you! Thank you for reading and commenting!
1. It’s hard to believe, but next week’s Hodgepodge will find us in the month of September. What’s one thing you want, need, or hope to do still before summer officially ends?
Have our Lobster Bake with my cousins, Janet & Dave. They are coming up on Sunday and we will share a wonderful New England Lobster meal!
2. When were you last at ‘your wit’s end’?
Yesterday. It seemed no matter what I was doing, nothing was coming out right. Frustration mounted, and at one point I just broke down into tears!
3. Describe a time you were figuratively thrown into ‘the deep end’?
I think with the cancer surgery and repair afterward. I do not think anything could have prepared me for that. I felt like I was tossed into the deep end of the pool, and it was sink or swim. Fortunately, I am a strong swimmer!
4. Does the end always, ever, or never justify the means? Explain.
No. I believe in following the rules and doing things honestly. It may take longer, it may be harder, but in the end, I will be proud of my efforts.
5. What makes your hair stand on end?
A serious thunder and lightening storm. Not a fan. My cousin, Janet loves them, but they make me nervous. Imagine my scare when lightening hit the transformer outside my home in Florida! I was lying on the sofa one moment and on the floor the next!
6. I read an article on the website Eat This! Health, that listed 11 foods we can eat to help end bad moods. Basically it’s a feed your brain so you’re less anxious, grouchy and lethargic. The foods are-mussels, swiss chard, blue potatoes, grass fed beef, dark chocolate, greek yogurt, asparagus, honey, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and coconut. Which of those do you think would most help end your own bad mood? Which do you fear, if forced to eat, would put you into a bad mood?
All of the above would put me in a good mood, and since I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers I will tell you that since I am a food-a-holic there is not much that makes me get into a bad mood. Maybe collard greens, but that is about it!
7. What project around your home, office, or life in general feels like there is ‘no end in sight’?
Painting. I need to repaint the entire interior of the house, as well as the trim on the outside. I’m thinking I will hire someone for the outside, but the inside I think I can handle!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
And me, 15 years later.