- 4 pounds To 5 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Or Thighs
- 1 teaspoon All-purpose, No-salt Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 2 teaspoons Chopped Fresh Garlic
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- Place all of the chicken into the pot of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the no-salt seasoning, sea salt, pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Using a pair of tongs, lift and turn the chicken to distribute the seasonings evenly.
- Pour the broth down the side of the pot.
- If you’re using a slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 5–6 hours or on high for 3–4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and return it to the pot with the juices. Serve immediately or divide the chicken up into equal portions and chill or freeze.
Can be mixed with barbecue sauce, gravy, or just top a salad with the shredded meat. It also makes a great base for a chicken salad or soup.