Here we are, another week has sped on by. As this week closes I am getting ready for a trip down to see my sister, Melodie. Her birthday is on Tuesday and for the first time in a long time, we will be celebrating together! Anyway, here is this week’s Friday Five!
- I have been enjoying my birds. There are two that delight me. The first one is my Downey Woodpecker. It is tiny and yet so sweet and he is not at all worried when I am nearby. Thus, these two great pictures of my tiny friend!
2. Jack and I went to a presentation at the local Airport. A Research Vessel is trying to local a Pan Am Flying Boat, Samoan Clipper, which crashed near Pago Pago, American Samoa, on January 11, 1938. The research vessel is trying to locate the remains, and the search is being led by a team from the Nautilus Live Expedition led by the Robert Ballard Group. Dr. Ballard found the Titanic and his expeditions have been fruitful. Alas, they have not located the Samoan Clipper, which I fear may be lost for all time.
I will be writing more about the Samoan Clipper tomorrow. We wanted to go to the presentation since Jack was associated with Pan Am for over 25 years. He started as a Flight Engineer and left as a Captain. More on that tomorrow.
3. I had to go to the Pharmacy today to get Anneliese’s Eye drops. I signed her up for the Pharmacy Program and so her drops, which normally cost $150.00 per little bottle, are $40.00. I have to say my Pharmacy team has been wonderful and helpful. Today I brought them a picture of Anneliese and they were thrilled. I was too. They are such kind people!
4. Yesterday I was driving in town and suddenly there was a traffic jam. Why? Well, two large flocks of Canadian Geese were crossing the road from one lake to the next. They were bringing all their little goslings and I think there must have been 40 Geese! Everyone stopped and watched the spectacle!
5. We had a remarkable sunset the other night. I ran off with my cell phone and snapped a picture.