A day late!
I sort of lost my days this week and instead of doing a Friday Five yesterday, I wrote about my sister’s birthday. So, even though it is Saturday, her
- Connecticut is far away from me. WAZE said I could get there in 3 hours and 55 minutes, but trust me, this is not possible. I left early and it took me 4 hours and 20 minutes. Glad I left early! Still, it was a pretty ride and a beautiful day.
- It was so good to see my sister, her kids, and grandchildren. Her oldest grandson was the reason I moved back to New England from Florida. I wanted to be closer so I could visit the baby. The baby is now all grown up, finished with school and working at a great job!
- Driving home was more hectic. I took a different route and it was more highway driving. There was a lot of construction and it was not a fun drive.
- Friday, Jack and I drove out to do our weekly grocery shopping. I sort of nagged him to hurry up, as it is tourist season. The store was mobbed, the lines long (40 minutes at the Deli counter). From 10:30 to 1:00 we were shopping! Too long.
- We stopped at our usual Chinese Buffet and it was terrible. Not just the food, but the waitresses were rude. The previous owners sold out this spring, and it has only gone downhill! Sadly, it’s the last time we will visit this place.
So that was the week that was. Lots of good stuff and a little frustrating stuff.e is this week’s Friday Five.