I played around and made these for Jack’s dinner. I did not eat them, but I did a quality control taste test and these really are good! If you give it a try, let me know what you think!
Preheat Oven 350 degrees F
2 slices Italian bread, stale
1/3 cup cold water
1/2-pound ground pork
1/2-pound ground beef chuck
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 medium onion, grated (about 1/4 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large egg, beaten
Freshly ground black pepper
A little olive oil
¼ tsp red pepper flakes.
1. Break up the bread or pulse into crumbs in a food processor. In a small bowl toss the breadcrumbs with water to re-hydrate.
2. In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, pork, and beef, Parmesan, parsley, salt, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and egg and mix until combined. Season the meat mixture with pepper.
3. Using your hands, gently form the meat mixture into slightly larger than golf ball-sized balls. (Packing the meat mixture too tightly together will result in tough meatballs). Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
4. Spray with non-stick spray a glass dish. 8 X 12 and place the meatballs into this.
5. Cook in oven 30-40 minutes or until meatballs are done.
Serve with spaghetti and a nice sauce over this. A great Saturday night meal!