1. Howdy Hodgepodge-ers. It’s kind of fun to be back, isn’t it? The last time we met was September 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that’s happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don’t know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.
I took my granddaughter on a trip to my hometown on Cape Cod.
Just me and Savannah. We walked all around the village of Falmouth, Massachusetts, stayed in a nice hotel and went to the beach each day to play and swim. It was the best
2. Might as well get this out of the way early on…COVID-19. On a scale of 1-5, how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. FYI-I didn’t create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also, FYI-we won’t only have virus-related questions each week, but for this first one, it feels right.
1-Not at all, living normally
2-Cautious but still going out
3-Going out as needed, mostly home or working from home, still seeing friends/family
4-Extremely limited, only going out when unavoidable, minimal contact with people
5-Full lockdown, no one in or out
Okay, We are #4. My husband goes nowhere, and I go out perhaps once a week to quickly get fresh foods.
Other than that, we are in and that is it.
(Excuse my messy hair. It was a bad hair day for sure!)
3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking department before it’s all said and done? What’s something delicious you’ve cooked or eaten in your kitchen in the past week?
I love to cook and mostly we are stay-at-home types anyway. There are two things I’ve made that have been great! One is Cucumber Salad, made with a light oil & Vinegar marinade and Dill! It tastes great and lasts a long time in the fridge.
The other great thing was Chicken and Cabbage Soup with lots of vegetables. Perfect comfort food!
4. What’s a television show or movie you’ve seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you liked?
Well, I am a Homeland fan and since this is it’s last season I am watching every episode. I also love This Is Us and last night was the last episode of the season.
5. Share something funny you’ve seen or heard this week.
“It is going to snow a little but it won’t be too bad. Ha!”
6. Insert your random thought here
I sure hope we get back to normal life soon. Now, I love my husband, but too much togetherness will drive a sane person mad! That being said, I am trying to stay calm and let the little things go. I think we are all on edge. Except for the dogs. They love having us around all the time!