It has been so long since I have done a Thursday Thirteen that I thought I would sit down and write about my morning. Because, in the end, It made me laugh.
- I was putting the dishes away while unloading the dishwasher, and I noted that one of my Pampered Chef Air Fryer racks was missing.
- This was concerning because Jack has been helping me by unloading the dishwasher in the morning before I get up. This is something new, and I appreciate the help, but now I was worried about where he might have put the rack.
- I didn’t want to hurt Jack’s feelings by asking him and if I do, usually an argument will happen afterward.
- So I started my hunt. I checked out where I store my wire baking cooling racks. No, go.
- Then I went through all the pots and pans and did not find it there either.
- I checked the bottom of my range where I store cookie sheets. I went through each sheet checking for it.
- I looked under the cabinet drawers and in the bottom of the drawers. I also checked the towel drawer.
- I was starting to worry that Jack may have put it somewhere only to never see the light of day again!
- I decided to check crazy places, like the liquor cabinet, the heavy mix-master cabinet, and even the cabinet with the wine glasses and beer glasses. I even used a super flashlight to check every nook and cranny!
- As much as I hated to, I knew I needed to ask Jack and see if he remembered where he had placed them.
- He said he had never seen the rack and when he comes across something he is unsure of where it belongs, he leaves it on our center island.
- I decided not to argue. I would order a new shelf for $13.00 and just let it go.
- I turned with the one rack I did have and went over to the Air Fryer and opened the door and placed the rack inside. That was when I glanced to my right and saw the blasted rack sitting in the bar sink, right where I’d placed it a few days ago! I’d removed that rack after preheating the air fryer, and it was hot and I tossed the rack in the sink, then set about cooking the meal!
I was full of true heartfelt apologies to Jack! I felt terrible about the entire thing! So, I am now 62 and losing my mind. Actually, I think I have just had so much on my mind, that putting the rack in the sink simply slipped my mind! A Senior Moment? Perhaps.
At least that’s my story, and I’m sticking to it!