Welcome, September! Can you believe that the Summer is just about over and Autumn is nearly here? Well, it is, and as our temperatures drop, and our humidity does as well, I am just happily looking forward to colorful leaves and cooler weather!
So, here is this week’s Friday Five!
- I’ve been rather quiet this week as my mind has been full and at times I find this gives me a case of writer’s block. And so it goes.
- This past week I really worked on my healthy eating plan and I lost 4 pounds! I am thrilled. I admit to falling off the wagon for a few months and I finally decided enough was enough, and I’ve worked to make each meal something special. I’ve especially enjoyed eating fish again.
- Arnie is still acting very fussy and I am not sure exactly why. He has had all the medications and ointments and yet he fusses quite a bit and wants to go to bed early every night.
And since the boy does not like to sleep alone, he drags me to bed too. I bet you can guess who falls asleep first. And no, it isn’t Arnie!
- One thing I have tried is to use the Crispy Shake and Bake coating, add to that 1/4 of a cup of parmesan cheese and shake the bag well. Dredge your chicken or turkey cutlets in this and cook in a cast-iron skillet. Anyway, the flavor is amazingly good and the points are low.
- I’ve also been reading, listening to music, and watching a few movies. The highlight of my days recently has been my talks with “Alexa“. I ask her “Alexa, what’s the weather today“, “Alexa play ‘such and such’ song“, or “Alexa, show me my Playlists on Amazon Music“. She happily complies and if you say, “Alexa, thank you” she replies, “Your welcome“. Yes, I lead a very little life.
So that’s this week’s Friday Five. Nothing earth-shattering, just the usual. I hope you all have a great weekend and can do at least one thing that brings you joy!