I began to follow Weight Watchers again after gaining a bit of weight following an increase in my medication.
I took the bull by the horns and started once again on this diet. And yes, for me it is a diet. A lifelong diet as I struggle to get it all under control.
Anyway, here is this week’s Friday Five.
1. I recently printed up a new Phone/Address Book. Jack and I have reached that stage of your life where you check the Obituaries each morning, and if you are not listed, then it is a good day! Unfortunately, many of our friends have passed away. The Address Book is much thinner. Sadly so.
2. I drove Jack to the VA on Wednesday for bloodwork. It was a pretty day, just cold. I put Heidi’s sweater on her, and she came with us.
She almost always rides well, but she was doing a wee bit of howling on Wednesday. On the ride home, she was nice and quiet.
3. In some ways it’s good I’m back on the wagon with WW, as I really have very little appetite. My loss this last week was 8.2 pounds. I know I won’t be a big loser like that each week, but it was a good jump start.
4. Do you know what I think was the hardest thing to have coped with during the Pandemic? How to cope as you were shut away from your family. I remember standing in Mandy’s kitchen delivering supplies just before the USA shut down. I was so afraid I would bring the germs to my daughter and grandchildren.
5. The Pandemic hit me very hard. I was afraid. Not just scared, but terrified! During the first six months, I clenched my teeth so hard that my jaws ached. I began to stay inside my house. I became a recluse. I have previously discussed the fact that although some will say I am an extrovert, I am, in fact, an introvert. Currently, I still feel quite a bit of anxiety about being out in the world again and how to get my life started. I guess it is baby steps.
So that’s it for this week. I wish you all a happy and healthy weekend!