1. Summertime is a season of reunions, weddings, and other family celebrations and gatherings…are any of the above on your calendar in the next two months?
Not really. My mother’s birthday is on Friday and as many of the family as can, will gather to wish her a Happy Birthday.
2. June is National Iced Tea Month…are you an iced tea drinker? If so, how do you like yours (sweet, flavored, etc)?
Love iced tea, unsweet (but I add Splenda) and with a little lemon. Not much, just a hint!
3. When were you last nervous? Looking back, was the ‘event’ actually nerve-worthy?
I have several things making me nervous right now. My mother’s illness and my face. Mom is not doing well. Her kidneys seem to be failing and I think she has given up her desire for life. It’s so sad.
And my face, well, I am still disturbed at my appearance and the scars. In fact I had another hematoma on the nose today that broke. The doctor in Boston told me that this is quite common.
4. The bristle toothbrush was invented in China on June 26, 1498…not sure how that date was pinned down so precisely but, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being sick to your stomach and 1 being not at all, how nervous do you feel when you’re headed to the dentist? Do you see your dentist twice a year?
Ten +++++++. I get so nervous. You see we had a terrible dentist as a child and he caused me so much pain. I even bit him once and he slapped me. Then when my mother came to get me he told her and she slapped me too!
My dentist now is a lovely man. I have told him my tales of woe and he totally understands and works hard to make sure I have no pain at all.
5. What’s making news in your town this week?
Last night, while a huge thunder and lightening storm went through here, three towns away a troup of boy scouts were camping and as they huddled under a tarp, lightening hit the tree near them and the electricity hit all the boys. Luckily, no one was killed,a d the last two boys will go home from the hospital tomorrow.
6. Curtains, drapes, blinds…your window treatment of choice? Are there any bare windows in your house? Is that by choice or because you haven’t gotten around to covering them?
Curtains. I think they give the place a warmer look. The curtains are quite old now, but they still look nice.
7. Summertime is officially here (in the Northern hemisphere anyway)…what one song is a must-have on your summer playlist?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Here are a few tidbits. I burned my arm cooking. Anneliese was bitten by some bug near her eye and it caused a swelling. It’s looking better. Cherry trees are all netted against the birds. I have not had to water the garden in several days due to the heavy rain. Lastly, I will be glad when this week is over.