I think we can have both. I grew up, Post Cold War, then when we were in Vietnam and supposedly fighting for freedom, and now post 9/11 where we are continuing to fight for freedom. America’s Freedom is why people are so desperate to come here. I still believe in our Country. Although right now, I feel we are a little lost in our challenge to remain free.
2. If you could visit any historical American site what would it be? Why?
When Jack and I had our motorcoach we spent a lot of time visiting American Civil War Battlefields. So much history there. So, I guess currently the 9/11 Monument and Museum in New York City.
I had an odd happening at the Twin Towers. A few years before the attack, Jack took me there to see the buildings and have a meal at the top. As I stood outside one of the Towers, I was overcome with a feeling of dread, and I felt like a million voices were screaming at me. I couldn’t even go in. Jack then took me to The Empire State Building, and I went up to the Top and was just fine. I have always felt like my reaction at the Twin Towers was a premonition.
Jack and I at the top of the Empire State Building that day.
3. Free as a bird, free reign, be free of, free enterprise, free trip, walk away scot-free, free for all…which ‘free’ phrase can best be applied to your life in recent days or weeks? Explain.
Be Free Of! I got some very positive test results back showing I am Free Of Breast Cancer! I found a lump just under my arm, and I have had so many tests run, but the last showed that no Lymph Node is involved and that the lump is likely a cyst. I have one more test to go, but my doctor is feeling very positive about the outcome.
4. Something in your frig that’s red? Something in your house that’s white? Something in your view that’s blue?
Red, Ketchup. White Plain Yogurt. And Blue A Blue Carton of Milk!
5. July 27th is National New Jersey Day. Have you ever visited The Garden State? If so where did you go? Are there diners where you live? Have you tried Taylor Pork Roll? Do you like to play Monopoly? Saltwater taffy-yay or nay? How do you feel about shopping at the mall? Springsteen, Sinatra, or Bon Jovi-you have to pick one.
Yes, I have visited New Jersey. I spent time in Glassboro, which is in Southern New Jersey. My girlfriend Gail, who is visiting right now went to Rowan University there, and we made a few visits to her while she was in college! Yes, we have many Diners here in New Hampshire. Good old fashioned ones. I have never had Taylor Pork Roll. Not even sure what it is. I have played Monopoly, but not a big fan. I prefer word games. Salt Water Taffy? Oh my goodness, YES! Yum! I love to Shop everywhere! Sinatra. The man was an American Classic!
Raise your hand if you know why these add-on questions are appropriate on National NJ Day.
Yes, my dear! All have to do with the fact that they are New Jersey Delights!
6. Insert your own random thought here.