The Friday Five

The Friday Five

I cannot believe how quickly this year is going by! Or do I say that at the end of every week? In any case, this past week flew by rather quickly and as I sit here writing this, I find that I would like to take a day and just move at a slightly slower pace.

Aside from making Jack his favorite Lamb Paprikash for dinner, I really do not have anything big planned. So, here is my list of the five things that have been on my mind this week.

  1. On Wednesday I had to have another MRI on this darn lump under my left arm. I dreaded this because my left shoulder can be very painful, and lying still for the exam might cause discomfort. However, the doctor and technicians worked quite hard to locate the lump, and then position me, comfortably. The exam took 1 hour and 45 minutes! In the end, I was only slightly stiff. I will get the results soon.
  2. The funniest thing happened on the way down to the test. The hospital had called asking me to come in early. I told them I was on my way and could be there in 45 minutes. Then, a Police K9 Car got in front of me on the highway, and he was going about 80 MPH! So I got behind him, in the center lane and followed him right along. Because it was a Police Car, the other cars on the road moved right aside. It was like the parting of the Seas! I made it in 30 minutes, give or take to the appointment!
  3. After said appointment, I needed to drive to my daughter’s house to drop some things off. Since I’d missed lunch (It was now 2:15 PM) when I saw Dairy Queen looming in the distance, I swung over and bought myself a small Kiddie Cone. That cone tasted so good and I enjoyed every bite until I realized I had dripped on my nice pants! Ugh!
  4. After stopping at Mandy’s, I hit the highway again to stop at three stores. Let me just say, I really was not feeling much like shopping, but…the dogs needed food, the cupboards were bare, and I had a gas tank that was showing E in a bright red flashing light!
    I picked up a rotisserie chicken at Market Basket and drove over to get gas. At the filling station, I was next in line when a pick-up truck drove over the curb and cut in line! I was not amused! The car ahead of this cheater pulled away, so I pulled the Highlander in, and left my back end sticking out! My car was empty and took a lot of fuel. So, while I pumped away, the cheater was trapped behind me. I hope he thinks about this before he pulls this on some other person, but probably not.
  5. Time was ticking by and I needed to be home by 5 o’clock to feed the hounds! I knew I could not make the drive in time, so I called Jack and told him to ignore the dogs. I would be there 10 minutes late to feed them. Then a State Police Car passed me going 80 + MPH, and once he pulled back into the slow lane, I followed him, going 80 until my exit. I drove the rest of the way at the speed limit, and then pulled the car around the house to the back door, jumped out, came into the house and it was 4:55! I made it! I quickly gave the girls their medications, doled out the crunchies and then the canned foods. And at the stroke of 5 PM, the dogs were fed!

So that was the middle to end of my week to the end. All in all, a good week for sure. The weekend will be filled with the usual laundry, and cleaning, as I start the packing process for my trip.

I hope you all have a great Friday and enjoy this summery weekend!


2 thoughts on “The Friday Five”

  1. You following a police car reminds me how I try to find a wide person with a strong sense of purpose to follow when I am walking in the city. It sounds like you had a satisfactory week.

  2. I was doing 74mph in a 60mph zone…and I got pulled over!! No ticket tho…thank my lucky stars. When will you receive your MRI results.

    By the way, I just snacked on a waffle cone! lol

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.