It’s the first weekend in June and I am away and at the beach. But here are some things I have been thinking about as the week comes to a close.
- I needed to get Anneliese’s eye drops. My Veterinary Ophalmologist called in a prescription and I went to get it at the Pharmacy. The Technician announced that it was $140.00! Oh, my, sweet Mother of God! The Tech looked at me, with eyes that asked if I really wanted to spend that kind of money on a dog?
- I recalled we have a prescription card for that Pharmacy. I asked if this would be covered? She disappeared and came back a moment later with a smile on her face. “I love you,” I said. She laughed “You are really going to love me when you find out how much you saved”.
- The total for this very expensive eye drop was $40.00! We both laughed. And she smiled and told me that this had brightened her day. Needless to say, it brightened mine!
- I got to the car, and with tears in my eyes, and I told Jack what had occurred. Anneliese is blind, pretty much in her left eye. But these drops help her right eye from becoming totally blind and keeps the pressure down.
- So as I look back to my humble hometown Pharmacy, I am grateful for their prescription plan and that it covered my little doggy’s eye drops!
Have a great weekend everyone!