Well, here we are at the end of the first week in July. I’ve been busy, busy, busy, but blessedly, the 4th of July arrived and everything calmed down. As we enter the weekend, here are the five things on my mind.
- In 1989 when Jack and I lived in West Berlin, we made several trips into East Berlin. There was a wonderful department store in East Berlin that sold some things we needed for the apartment. Our apartment on Lietzenburger Strasse was nice, but we needed some blankets. I found the most perfect summer weight Decke (comforter type blanket, Twin size) and I bought two. I have used them almost every day since then.
(Jack sitting on the bed with the dogs. The two Decke’s can be seen under him and the dogs. But now they are in tatters, having been well used and well loved over 30 years! I am now on the hunt for just the right duvet and duvet cover for my bed. My daughter directed me the right way for the duvet, but now I need to select the duvet cover.
- Thursday was very hot. nearly 100 in the shade and over 100 degrees in the sun. It’s a tad humid too. I turned the air conditioning on early, and then watched Wimbledon Tennis!
- I have managed to stay up to date with my housework, bills, etc. Despite my PT being painful at first, I have turned it around and feel so much better now.
- I was able to get New England Sea Scallops, and last night I made Seared Scallops for dinner. Wow! Was that fabulous!
- Lili is going to the Groomers today for a wash and blow dry! She is a handful and it is so much easier to get our pleasant young Groomer to take care of it for us.
Have a great weekend everyone!