Life or Something Like It

Friday was the busiest day of the week for me. I woke to pouring rain and wind. The skies were dark and it did nothing to improve my feeling of Friday the 13th doom!
I’d gotten ready early and had a light breakfast as I really didn’t have much of an appetite. After making Jack some breakfast I headed out. I had a few items left to buy and the Highlander needed gas. So just after 10 o’clock, I was on the road.
Oddly enough, there was not a lot of traffic. I thought maybe people weren’t panicking and not rushing to the stores. Wrong! The parking lots at Bj’s and the grocery stores were full. I had decided to hit the grocery store on the way back, but I did need three things at BJ’s as well as gasoline. BJ’s was crazy busy, and even the gas line was long. People at BJ’s were a little snippy as I could see the tension on their faces.
I’d built in plenty of time, so I got my items (PAM Spray, Table Pepper and of course the gas in the car and a 5-gallon gas tank), and then I headed off to Mandy and Matt’s with some items I got for them this week.
I was able to see the two of them and drop off their things before heading to my Glaucoma doctor’s appointment.
I arrived, tried to keep my distance from other people and wore medical gloves the entire time. I admit I am a germaphobe and right now I am a little bit on edge. I found myself staring at people and listening for a cough or a nose blow!
The good news is, my pressures were down to 19 in each eye. The doctor was very pleased. The drops are working and I will stay on them until I return in June. Then I hope they will still be working and I can stay on them.
I hopped into the car and headed home. I wanted to get some Eggplant and check for Enlightened Ice Cream Bars at Market Basket. I had 8 items and yet the express lane was so jammed I went to a regular checkout. Good thing. I actually beat the Express Checkout by quite a bit.
I got into the car, and headed home, finally. I was talking to my friend Carol from WW and I told her how weary I was feeling. In the last week, I have tried to get all the things I needed in the event that the Virus causes us to become Hermits in our own home. I can safely say I did a great job and we have plenty of food in the fridge, freezer, and pantry to last for well over a month.
It’s after dinner now and I’m getting ready to crawl into bed. I have accomplished all I needed to and we will be just fine.

32216247197_26de197829_o copy

3 thoughts on “Life or Something Like It”

  1. I’ve decided to wear cotton washable gloves on public transport since the newspapers tell me we now have 17 cases of coronavirus in our state. I’ll be washing my hands after collecting and reading the mail too. I don’t know what else I can do apart from a bit of extra shopping tomorrow for canned things.

  2. I live in New York, where we have quite a number of cases. The craziness is evident the moment you walk out of your house. We will survive this, we always do, but ugh ….

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.