1. What’s something you resolved to do this year? Have you done it?
Actually, yes I have. Sitting in my chair just after Christmas, looking at pictures of myself, I really felt bad. I was so unhappy with what I saw and how I felt.
So on New Year’s Eve, I went to the WW App and started their “Green Program” diet. I was worried I would fail, but each day I became more and more steadfast and determined. As of today, I have now lost 34 pounds!
2. Where do you go to find quietude?
I’m not sure that I actually have one place. I certainly have places that I escape to. I love to go to my hometown on Cape Cod, and just sit at Surf Drive Beach.
April and October are my favorite times there because the tourists are not around.
3. A friend asked this question on her Facebook page and said I could borrow it for the Hodgepodge…you’re only allowed to buy 5 things at the grocery store, and all must start with the first letter of your first name. Whatcha’ buying?
- Marinated chicken
- Macoun Apples
- Mandarin oranges
4. The television show Survivor, the Gloria Gaynor song ‘I Will Survive’, survival mode, the survival of the fittest…pick one and discuss.
I guess I have felt like I’ve been in “Survival Mode”. Making lists to be sure I have food to eat, bills paid. I’ve had all three dogs to the Vets, as they all chose this time to have one thing after another go wrong. All are on the mend, but I could have gotten along much better if they’d all remained healthy.
5. Share a favorite quote or saying about strength.
“She Stood In The Storm, & When The Wind Did Not Blow Her Way, She Adjusted Her Sails” -Elizabeth Edwards
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve learned a lot during the quarantining of our country. I miss my family. I miss smiling at people. I miss waking up in the morning at my daughter’s home and having my two precious grandchildren climb into bed and cuddle with me.
I miss cook-outs and pool swims and playing with legos and coloring books.
There is so much in our day to day lives that we take for granted. I won’t take these blessings for granted ever again.
What’s the most important thing in life? Love, family, friends, being together.
When this is all over, we will be together again.