- It’s been a beautiful Autumn. The leaves were vivid and bright and glorious! Some years, not so much, others, like this year, lovely.
Chalk one good thing up for 2020!
- I had to go for pre-op work yesterday and a Covid test. I was a little nervous because I’d heard the Covid test is terrible. So, as I drove to Concord, and passed two McDonalds, and three Duncan Donuts, my old habits of eating the anxiety hit me. I wanted to call someone to talk me off the wall, but it was so early. So, I sat up tall, straightened my crown, and kept on driving!
- Of course, when I arrived at the Out-Patient Surgical Center, I walked into their lobby and what do I see? A Green Mountain Coffee stand with Cider-belly Donuts and treats! Once I checked in, I sat with my back toward the stand and soldiered on!
- On my way home…I stopped and had my hair done. After all, I will not be able to be around any chemicals after the surgery during my incision healing. I asked for shorter hair and got the cutest cut! Thank you so much, Becca!
- After that, I came home and made lunch. I cooked up several eggplants, ate a little, and then made an Eggplant Parmesan (WW Recipe).
Since I have three more eggplants, I plan to cook them up today and make a casserole of Eggplant Parmesan then cut into portions and freeze for future meals.
- Yesterday I woke up early, and I said: “Alexa what is the weather in Meredith, New Hampshire?” Well, Alexa said it was partly cloudy, with breaks.” Well, Alexa lied. It rained the entire day!
- I woke early today. I have a lot to do, and although I am isolating here at home, I would like to get caught up on laundry and change sheets, etc. The first load of laundry is already in the wash!
- What is it with all this pumpkin mania? This morning they did a story on the news about canned pumpkin shortages! Really? Really? I was just at the store the other day and I was able to buy several cans.
- How many of you decided that as we approach flu season it might be a good idea to stock up on a few things? In the last few weeks, I have stocked up on canned soups, vegetables, and pre-packaged potatoes. I have a freezer full of meat, chicken, turkey, and fish, and should the worst occur, we are prepared.
- Oh yes, I also bought the jumbo size toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex, and napkins. Needless to say, I have plenty of cleaning aids.
- I also just ordered a box of paper masks from the USA Company. So, we will be set to be able to cover up.
- I love the yarn I bought for my latest afghan.
In fact, I love it so much that once this one is done, I am going to make another with the same yarn for me!
- And lastly, my favorite Apple is back on our shelves! It is called Koru and it was originally from New Zealand, although there are places in the USA that now grow it. Oh, I cannot tell you how happy I am!