So, here we are, the first Friday in April. Can it possibly be over a year since all the Covid Craziness began? Yes indeed. And as I sit and write on Thursday night, I am grateful we have made it! So, here is this week’s Friday Five.
- April 1st came in with high winds, (not as bad as it was on Monday) rain, and at times a little sleet. It is brutal going out with the pups, but I keep my heavy coat and hat at the door with my gloves. Brrrrr. I am ready for Spring to come with much warmer temperatures.
- On Wednesday I went to Hannaford Grocery Store and as I entered I saw a large rack with at least a dozen Hyacinth plants. My favorite smell in all the world! A woman was in front of me, and she took every single plant! I felt very sorry about this. I really wanted one and sort of needed to brighten up my day. Thursday I was back at the shop to see if Jack’s Orange Donuts were there and just as I came up to the door the floral lady was putting out the plants!And there it was. A beautiful dish of three Hyacinths and a couple of tulips and some daffodils that have yet to open. And I got the first pick! I selected this one because I could smell the Hyacinths through my mask! Since I have gotten it home, the scent of the Hyacinths has permeated the air in our family room. Ahhhhhh.
- I took my turkey out of the deep freeze yesterday to cook on Sunday. I bought it at Thanksgiving for an entire 39¢ a pound! Cheap eats. This I love. I’ll be making butternut squash, green bean casserole, turkey, mashed potato for Jack, and gravy. No stuffing. I really love stuffing, but it sure doesn’t love me. All those carbs go straight to my hips!
- Have you ever watched “The Great British Baking Show”? I’ve been streaming that and enjoying every moment.I love baking and it is so fun to watch ordinary people baking up a storm. Many of the items I have never heard of, but what fun it is to watch!
- Because I am loving the British Baking Show, I decided to attempt a new Quiche recipe. The flavors were great, but looking back I needed to mix the mushrooms, onion, and peppers with the cheese before I poured in the egg mixture. Still, it tasted so great.
So that’s it for this week. I hope you all have a happy and healthy weekend!