There are several things that have been going on this week that are rather important and make me smile at myself. You will understand as you read on…
- Jack’s computer died. Now I had backed everything up about four days before as his machine was acting wonky. It just seemed smart. Needless to say, I felt like a genius because when it died, his information was safe and sound!
- We ordered a new computer for him, and I insisted he get a solid state hard drive. I have one on my laptop, and I love it! So that was first on the list. We put the other things he wanted too and found just the right machine for a good price via Amazon. It arrived yesterday morning, bright and early!
- I set about setting up his computer, linking it to my subscription of Microsoft Office, and then setting up his browser and email. Then the big job, transferring all his files. I admit it took me most of the day to get it just right, but I did it, really, with very little trouble! I also set up the printers for his machine and linked it to our home network! Yes, I am proud of myself. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous! LOL!
- At the start of the week, in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, I woke to hear the roaring of the wind outside. We had 45 miles an hour winds that night. It sounded like a freight train coming through the bedroom. I heard an odd sound, and I thought perhaps a branch had hit the roof. Not quite.
The next morning we found the cap on the part of the roof over our bedroom had simply peeled off and was in the driveway! Those who have read my blog for a long time, will recall 2 years ago when we were going through a re-roof job, the roofer did not secure the roof at the end of the day, and during the night, when a storm hit us, I had Niagara Falls in my bathroom!
In any case, I’d hoped he had fixed the job correctly, but we have since learned that the roofer did not use correct roofing nails and so, off they the shingles flew!
- The good news is that by accident I called a man who is remodeling the house on my street and I have watched his work and I’ve been impressed. He came, looked at the problem, took pictures, secured the opening so that the rain tonight and tomorrow will not come in, and just after Christmas he will fix the roof! This was one thing we did not need right now, but at least it will be taken care of soon.
So there you have it. Kind of a good week, kind of a bad week, but I guess, in the end, it’ll all work out. The computer is great and the roof will be fixed. I’m ready for Christmas and I am thankful for all the good things in my life.
Have a Happy Weekend!