We’re joining Terri at Your Friend From Florida
Wednesday, January 16th, is National Do Nothing Day!! National Nothing Day was proposed in 1972 by columnist Harold Pullman Coffin. This day has been observed annually since 1973. Of course, the way to celebrate it is to do nothing!
1. To commemorate Do Nothing Day in SOME way, tell us something about your life (or the life of someone close to you) in 1973!!
1973. Hmmmm. I was a teenager, sort of drifting in life. Incredibly insecure, and trying to figure out who I was and where I was going.
Me in 1973.
2. Now that we are thinking back, please tell us what your favorite past time was as a child.
As a small child, I had several. I loved acting in plays and was in our Community Theater’s productions of both “The King & I” and ‘The Sound of Music”. Here I am singing a solo at the very top of my lungs!
I loved to sing and pretend and it was wonderful. I seemed to have no fear of crowds back then.
3. What is the best way to cheer you up on a bad day?
Just put me in a car and bring me to my grandchildren. They make every day, sheer heaven for me!
4. How old were you when you first started dating? Do you remember your first date?
I was 15. My first date was with a guy I only dated once. He picked me up in his car, we had pizza and he brought me home. I guess I was too boring for him! He never called me again.
5. Today is also National Fig Newton day. Do you like figs/Fig Newtons?
Love Fig Newtons! But I do not buy them or eat them anymore. They are so addicting!
6. Tell us something random about your week.
Well, I am nearly to the blast-off point for my trip! The bags are packed and I am ready!
2 thoughts on “The Wednesday Medley”
I can see you were really belting it out on stage. I had to google Fig Newtons. We have something similar but filled with other fruit rather than fig.
That picture of Mickey and the Dachshund is SO cute. Perfect for you! Thanks for joining in today and sharing those adorable photos of you in 1973 and on stage!! How fun!! Wishing you safe travels real soon!