For me, it has been a very long week. Almost all of it was spent in bed, except for the last two days. Here is this week’s Friday Five!
- I think this is the longest I have ever had the Flu. At least the fever is gone now, and I just have the cough. This makes me crazy, but I am sure it will leave soon.
My nurses, Anneliese and Arnie.
- Yesterday was Thanksgiving, and although I canceled most of my plans with my cousins, Jack insisted that we should have a special meal and he really helped out a lot.
- I managed to make the stuffing on Wednesday and get it cooked and chilled down so I could stuff the turkey on Thursday. Meanwhile, Jack did almost all the other prep work.
- I got the turkey stuffed and in the oven yesterday morning and we ended up having dinner about 2:30 PM. Turkey, chestnut stuffing, mashed potato, gravy, cranberry sauce, butternut squash, and pearl onions. I was able to eat a small serving of each and God Bless Jack, he took care of the dishes while I went back to bed. Apple pie was served in the evening.
- Today I was feeling even better, although I still don’t have much of a voice and I still have this dratted cough! But, I was able to change the sheets on my bed, and also chop up veggies and make turkey vegetable soup, which we will have for dinner. I spent a lot of the day up doing things before crashing for a nap.
So there we are. the five things I have been up to this week. It may not sound like much, but after being in bed the entire week last week, this is real progress!