A Very Busy Day

What a full day I had on Wednesday. It started when I left the house at 7:45 in the morning, and it did not end until I returned at 3:30 in the afternoon.

First I had WW class and it was a bit of a frustration for me this week, but after looking back at the things I ate, I think a minor adjustment will help me for next week.

After class, I headed out for a day of shopping and doctor’s appointments.

I went to a discount store called TJ Maxx and found the cutest dachshund dish towels for my kitchen. Aren’t they cute?


Then it was on to the big Tanger Outlet Shopping Mall. There are several stores I really love there and I went looking for some good deals. I got a new tunic sweater and a pair of Yoga pants. Heaven!

I ran into someone I used to know too. It was fine, I guess, but strange nonetheless. She had once been a good friend, but one day she just dropped me. It hurt me a lot back then, but then I remember this saying and it is something I just have to let go.


After that, I pumped my gas at 202.9 a gallon and went grocery shopping. I needed so much and since I knew I was going to be out for a while I had thrown the coolers in the back of the car.

I had 45 minutes to get the groceries I needed and so I grabbed a cart and into the store I went. I hit all the places I needed to go, got all the foods we required and then got to the checkout in 35 minutes!

Then, off I drove to see my Glaucoma doctor. I got there 15 minutes early and I checked in and sat down intending to make a few calls, but as soon as my fanny hit the seat, they called my name!

The short story is that my left eye (which is horribly bloodshot due to sensitivity to the drops) had a nice lower pressure of 16! Yay left eye! However, my “good” right eye still had a high pressure of 24. I was disappointed, but apparently this is common in the early days of treating high pressures.

My doctor decided to order a new drop, which I will have to use twice a day. She called the prescription in. Great, I thought.

I drove back to Meredith and went right to the Pharmacy. Only to find out that my Insurance Company had denied the prescription! It’s too expensive they said!

Then I recalled that I also have prescription coverage through the VA. I gave the Pharmacy Tech my card and she looked it up and bingo! Approved! So the drops are ordered and will be in tomorrow.

I picked up the last few things I needed at Hannaford’s and then came home, exhausted. But I did feel rather good about all I accomplished!

We are supposed to get 5-8 inches of snow today. I wonder what it will look like? A small amount or a fair chunk of the white stuff. We shall see.

32216247197_26de197829_o copy

4 thoughts on “A Very Busy Day”

  1. I’ve had that happen, too, MB – being “dropped” by someone I thought was a friend. It’s a bewildering experience…but my philosophy has become: it’s her loss!!!~~~hugs! linda

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.