1. When it comes to good manners, what two top your list of most important?
Always saying “please and thank you” with a smile. I also hold the door for the elderly, and smile at people as they come my way. You never know when your smile might just be the only one a person gets that day.
2. Let’s open a proverbial can of worms…Common Core. Are you familiar with the term (talking education reform in the USA)? If so, care to share your thoughts? In your opinion, what is one of the biggest issues schools (in your home country) face today?
This is an issue I’d just like to step away from. I am not impressed with our local public schools.
3. Name a celebrity whose fashion sense you admire and share why.
Princess Kate. Also known as Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. She is so good at mixing and matching and wears outfits again and again. I also like the fact that she always looks easily put together.
4. How are you affected by the changing seasons?
Love them. Each season in their own way makes me happy. Right now we are at the end of Autumn and the leaves are falling from the trees. I can hardly wait for the first snow. After winter, I love the spring, with blossoming trees and flowers and summer is the growing season and canning for me. Yes so many great things, year round to look forward to!
5. Scariest book you’ve ever read?
Nope, don’t read them. In fact my cousin, Janet will tell me not to read this or that book because of the scare or gore!
6. What time of day are you most hungry? What’s your go-to snack?
2PM. My go to snacks are apple, popcorn, rice cakes, or bananas.
7. Do you lean more towards being too needy or too independent? Which do you find harder to deal with in others?
Oh, I am definitely way too needy. I’m working on it all the time. I try not to be, but it is hard. I think it’s difficult for me to handle other needy people, as I cannot give to them all that they need.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had my retinas examined today. All went well, and I am good for another six months. I have known this marvelous surgeon for eleven years. He is a very rigid and precise man, but after this long, and so many surgeries, we have become friends. Which is so nice. It’s also great to know that all is well with my eyes.