1. On Tuesday I got the call I had hoped for. After going through Arnie’s illness, nearly losing him, and the big bill, I was thrilled to learn that the Pharmaceutical Company will be paying for all of Arnie’s care.
- Either way, Arnie was getting treatment. In fact, when he got sick, I didn’t realize that the drug companies guarantee their vaccines. It’s a nice gift to my pocketbook.
- It has been so hot! I am thankful that we have air conditioning. Even the dogs are not enjoying this heat! They are perfectly happy to chill out and take naps on and off all day long!
- I am reading a book written by a former High School Classmate of mine. It deals with his life-altering car accident, his death, and rebirth. It is fascinating to me, as the places he writes about are the places I know because I grew up in that town. The book is called “Pen, Paper, Prayer” written by James P. Holmes. Well done Jim!
4. I think I have pretty much tackled my mouse problem as I have had empty traps these last three days. I will keep setting them out though because mice tend to wander in as the weather gets cold.
5. Cooking this week has been a thrill. We’ve eaten Lobsters and stir-fried vegetables and chicken, and the best avocados! Also wonderful fresh salads and corn on the cob. Summers are great when you have so many fresh foods to choose from!