It is now one very hot summer. The dog days of summer? Probably yes. We had a rainy July, and now August finds us being cooked with our temperatures in the 90’s with Florida-type humidity! All I can say is ugh! So, here we go, this week’s Friday Five.
- I was actually pretty productive this week. At least until the heat arrived. On Monday I loaded up the Highlander and made a run to the Recycling Center. I have decided to just do it on the same day each week. As the load I took was really big.
- Tuesday found me getting my hair done. No cutting yet. Just some creative coloring. My goal is to grow it out so I can wear it up or in a ponytail or braids. Apparently, for an old thing such as myself, I still have a ton of hair!
- I changed sheets, washed and dried them, and even did four more loads of laundry. I washed, dried, folded, and put everything away! That in itself is amazing.
- I’ve been listening to a lot of music lately. I know I am getting old as the music I enjoy comes from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. I know there are a few from the 90s, but not much. Ah, music! It helps me to get into a wonderful calm place!
- This weekend I plan to sit and read for at least two hours each day. LOL. Now if I actually accomplish this, I will be amazed.
Have a wonderful weekend!